Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 14, 2012, 09:26 AM
News Editor

My System Specs

I think we should be talking more about how well the Playbook seems to run virtualized Windows...

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Old March 14, 2012, 10:12 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I don't call it sensationalist at all. I'm the happy owner of a Playbook and even I think it is an epic flop.
Sensationalist maybe not, but definitely not impartial. Its a new keyboard.... don't need to sexy it up with flop/dying comments. Is a fine line trying to be a news source as well as a public forum. I think the guys posting the news articles should try to be as impartial as possible, and to be fair I think HC does most of the time.
Old March 14, 2012, 03:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

120 buxs for what I can get for 35?
Thanks but I will use my noname bt/case/kb thank you very much.
If the pb is dead end now 2 years who cares? I mean you have got your use out of a cheap tab.
For what it is important the pb is still sitting at a good price, sidelined ad some android apps and for under 2 bills find me another tab that does all this?

But yeah hate the on screen kb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old March 14, 2012, 05:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueByte View Post
Sensationalist maybe not, but definitely not impartial. Its a new keyboard.... don't need to sexy it up with flop/dying comments. Is a fine line trying to be a news source as well as a public forum. I think the guys posting the news articles should try to be as impartial as possible, and to be fair I think HC does most of the time.
This is my point. I'm calling it 'sensationalist' because of the reference to this release being the 'savior' of the 'failing tablet'. All of which doesnt need to be in the title about the release of a keyboard. Having the title say "RIM Releases new keyboard for the Playbook" and then in the body mentioning poor sales and poor reviews is fine, but this current title is pritty much trying to drum up views (and succeeded, clearly) by its title. Whats next, conservative and liberal references mixed in?
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old March 14, 2012, 08:58 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

sigh, nice censorship. My opinion doesnt count? Yes I dont post much, but when I do I get deleted without explaination from the mods?

The wording in the article is very biased, and unecessary and not what I have been used to from HC in the past.
Playbook was top selling tablet at BestBuy and Futureshop for Feb, yes it was discounted but Failed or failing? no, flailing, struggeling yes.
Rim is still fighting for market share and it is getting market presence and Rim isn't giving up. If Rim discontinued it, then maybe failed would fit.

Last edited by Zolutar; March 15, 2012 at 04:20 AM.
Old March 14, 2012, 10:45 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
This is my point. I'm calling it 'sensationalist' because of the reference to this release being the 'savior' of the 'failing tablet'. All of which doesnt need to be in the title about the release of a keyboard. Having the title say "RIM Releases new keyboard for the Playbook" and then in the body mentioning poor sales and poor reviews is fine, but this current title is pritty much trying to drum up views (and succeeded, clearly) by its title. Whats next, conservative and liberal references mixed in?
Pierre Poutine uses Sponsorship Scandal monies to robocall iPad users to line up at the wrong stores for new Blackberries.

Really, its just a silly keyboard for a tablet. Playbook, despite being a good piece of hardware, is an epic example of a good product and crappy execution (you could argue the handicapped software made the product suck).

But yes, a story about a keyboard that you could use Bluetooh with, or get a Transformer. Read quickly, move on.
Fold for team #54196
Old March 14, 2012, 10:46 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolutar View Post
sigh, nice censorship. My opinion doesnt count? Yes I dont post much, but when I do I get deleted without explaination from the mods?
The wording in the article is biased, and unecessary and not what I have been used to from HC in the past.
Playbook was top selling tablet at BestBuy and Futureshop for Feb, yes it was discounted but Failed or failing? no, flailing, struggeling yes.
Rim is still fighting for market share and it is getting market presence and Rim isn't giving up. If Rim discontinued it, then maybe failed would fit.
Sorry, your "haters gonna hate" post which was your first post here on HWC was deleted as a "trollworthy" comment after it was reported by another long term member. I have now reinstated it after your explanation. I'll leave it to the HWC members to decide whether the original deletion was warranted or not.

Last edited by SugarJ; March 15, 2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old March 15, 2012, 04:18 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Sorry, your 3 word post which was your first post here on HWC was deleted as a "trollworthy" comment after it was reported by another long term member. I have now reinstated it after your explanation. I'll leave it to the HWC members to decide whether the original deletion was warranted or not.
I'll delete the 3 word post, it was actually my second post that I put up after my original post vanished. It contained the same 3 words but there was other content similar to my second post. I figured the 3 words were why, but was perplexed with the lack of expalination. I've posted here in the past, but at some point my account disappeared. Trolling was not my intent of the post either.

Now for Sam's question about excell spreadsheets on the playbook I suggest this video for his viewing.
BlackBerry Mini Keyboard - Official Video of Bluetooth Keyboard for the BlackBerry PlayBook - YouTube
Citrix receiver makes a virtualized windows desktop from remotely connecting to a server. Fascinating stuff.
RIM Introduces Citrix Receiver for BlackBerry PlayBook | CrackBerry.com

The Playbook is still among the top in hardware specs, so how well it runs things shouldnt suprise people. The software on the other hand.....even though much better with 2.0, still waiting for my official android app player that was promised....
Old March 15, 2012, 09:47 AM
News Editor

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolutar View Post

It was the "best selling tablet" because of the calm before the storm in iPad sales pre-iPad 3 release.

Read more here: At Future Shop, Playbook Outsells iPad | Hardware Canucks

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks