Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 10, 2012, 04:51 PM
Rookie

I hope they dont expect us to download 10GB + Games. We will not be able to use our Internet for anything else here in Canada or Rogers and Bell will get rich.
Old March 10, 2012, 05:31 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealotki11er View Post
I hope they dont expect us to download 10GB + Games. We will not be able to use our Internet for anything else here in Canada or Rogers and Bell will get rich.
How many games a month do you buy? If you have that kind of cash then you can go unlimited for the price of two or three games per month, extra.
Old March 10, 2012, 06:09 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyMellon View Post
How many games a month do you buy? If you have that kind of cash then you can go unlimited for the price of two or three games per month, extra.
Games will get bigger, More then one person using Home INTERNET. That Unlimited Internet can you get with fast Speeds? Maybe 1-2 Games and 1-2 PC games.
Old March 10, 2012, 06:19 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

This really doesn't affect me much. I already decided I am not likely to get one when it comes out, the fact that they have already said that used games won't be fully functional, if they are playable at all cincehd it for me. That coupled with the fact that my 360 has been turned once in the last four or five months means getting a 720 when it comes out will be pointless for me.

Having said that though, it will be intersting what medium they use for games..whether it is some sort of cartridge, flash card or whatever, or even whether they decide to go a full download route (like steam)
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old March 11, 2012, 11:27 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealotki11er View Post
Games will get bigger, More then one person using Home INTERNET. That Unlimited Internet can you get with fast Speeds? Maybe 1-2 Games and 1-2 PC games.
Here is Shaw's Unlimited: Shaw Internet; personally, I have no use for this, but if you have concerns about running out of bandwidth then this should make you a happy camper/gamer.
Old March 16, 2012, 06:20 PM
Rookie

I remember cartridges well from my Commodore 64..
Old March 16, 2012, 06:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC1200 View Post
I remember cartridges well from my Commodore 64..
Eh? Commodore used floppies not catridges.
Old March 16, 2012, 07:09 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Eh? Commodore used floppies not catridges.
You could use both. I had more cartridges on VIC20...
Old March 16, 2012, 07:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
You're talking about something from years ago. The 360 has been a solid piece of hardware for a while now, especially since the launch of the slim.
I for one will pickup the new console because I prefer MS's platform over Sony's (I own both currently).
Ok so the 3 or 4 different models of 360's before the slim didn't count? I too know basically anyone who had an xbox including myself has at LEAST one RROD. Many have had multiple consoles fail them. I don't think that is a very stable console - AND it took them HOW many years to finally come out with a revision that didn't overheat?

And in regards to this cartridge thign, it just sounds like another way MS can rape your wallet with another proprietary piece of equipment. Just like their HDD's and wireless adapters for their 360's right now
Old March 16, 2012, 10:58 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungwirez View Post
You could use both. I had more cartridges on VIC20...
VIC20 != Commodore 64 :P