Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 8, 2012, 07:03 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
There is nothing more harmful to the longevity of your PC than moisture, and most parts of the world experience moisture in the air as humidity at some point during the year.
Did they go out and hire PR personel from NS Hydro??? Lamest excuse ever for frequent "aging infrastructure" outages was to suggest that "salty fog" getting into the lines was the culprit.... gee... I never would have expected that kind of environment in Halifax.......

This reads like something put out by corporate for internal use, it sure as hell doesn't say anything that you'd want to promote to potential customers, and the few things it does say are vague and not backed up with any kind of facts / research.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old March 8, 2012, 07:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCD View Post
That's fine and dandy. ASUS is still much easier to deal with if something goes wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I've had to RMA two Gigabyte boards in the past couple years, with my 2nd one being such an ordeal I doubt I'll ever go back to them.
Bingo. My fiasco with Gigabytes RMA left the worst possible taste in my mouth that I will never purchase anything of theirs again.

But I guess any company has to toot their own horn once and a while to rally the troops
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old March 8, 2012, 07:57 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Did they go out and hire PR personel from NS Hydro??? Lamest excuse ever for frequent "aging infrastructure" outages was to suggest that "salty fog" getting into the lines was the culprit.... gee... I never would have expected that kind of environment in Halifax.......

This reads like something put out by corporate for internal use, it sure as hell doesn't say anything that you'd want to promote to potential customers, and the few things it does say are vague and not backed up with any kind of facts / research.
thats a real line of water thier snortting

note comment seems was aim'd @ water coolers who are careless to evaporate times of drying

the moister can effect circuits.
Old March 8, 2012, 08:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Gigabutt is crap they ruined my desire to try any brand other then Asus had like 4 Gigabutt boards die in the coarse for 2 months all only being able to gain minor over clocks, Then Asus threw me a bone and gave me the Crosshair IV Formula, and my eyes were reopened to reliable hardware :D

Is there proof to their claim or is it just like apple "We are 5 times faster then anything else, but we dont have anything to back that up, because we say it IT MUST BE TRUE"

My Rant
Signed from the Office of
Soul
Dictated but not read :P
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old March 8, 2012, 09:06 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Something will inevitably go wrong with any product. I've RMA'd an Asus motherboard once, and an ASUS videocard once. I'm not saying that ASUS builds the most reliable product, but each time something has gone wrong, their RMA process has been beyond reproach. Hell, the motherboard I warrantied (the M2A-VM) was a couple of monthes outside of warranty, and they still replaced it. That's why I went back to ASUS to buy my new board!

Meanwhile, there's been a few threads on here describing Gigabyte's horrible RMA service. They may very well have fewer failures than other brands, but when something does go wrong (and it inevitably will) apparently they're a pain to deal with!

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old March 8, 2012, 09:37 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I don't know any Gigabyte board that is dishwasher safe.
Old March 8, 2012, 10:10 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

All electronics these days are manufactured with the same techniques. Made the cheapest way possible. I think the figures are around 1 in 20 will fail in the first year even after passing initial QA. All due to manufacturing or process defects. It is the reason we don't pay $1500 for a motherboard. Or $5000 for a smartphone.

A company can be more reliable than another due to using better components or having a more stringent QA process. But stuff is gonna break.

So it is the customer service that counts. If gigabyte fails at customer service then they fail period.