Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 6, 2012, 09:33 AM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default Corsair Announces Availability of Accelerator Series Solid-State Cache Drives

Corsair, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the availability of the Accelerator Series SSD cache drives.

Read more here: Corsair Announces Availability of Accelerator Series Solid-State Cache Drives | Hardware Canucks

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Old March 6, 2012, 10:01 AM
Hall Of Fame

Interesting idea but won't be near cost effective unless they are FAR cheaper than a SSD drive.
Old March 6, 2012, 11:11 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Its Corsair's version of an OCZ Synapse...right down to the caching software and -appears to be - the same hardware SF2281 probabl with ONFI 1 nand (aka Force 3 aka Agility 3 aka etc etc). Very good idea that works pretty well all things considered. ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old March 6, 2012, 12:08 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Seems like a great deal, considering ocz's caching drive costs ~ $140 for 64gb, would love to see a review of them down the road AKG
Old March 6, 2012, 02:09 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

This is the same idea as the Intel Turbo Memory thing for laptops I think...

Unless they've made quantum leaps with the caching algorithm, I can tell you that it won't speed up anything very much...

The Intel Turbo Memory module on my laptop plugs into a PCI-E interface and delivers faster speeds than this Corsair thing yet the difference is negligible.
Main: Intel 2600K @ 4.8GHz | Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 | 16GB Corsair DDR3-2000 | 2 x 240GB Corsair Force 3 in RAID1 | 2 x 4TB Hitachi 7K4000 | 3 x 2TB WD Caviar Black | Antec 1200 | Seasonic XP-860 Platinum | 2GB GTX 670 | 2 x 27" Asus VE278Q | Asus Essence ST | Win7 Pro 64-bit
Old March 6, 2012, 02:43 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

It works and it works fairly well. this is NOTHING like turbo memory. It takes your cpu and turns it into a raid controller and logicaly - in real time - pushes IO request to the ssd and hdd. You will be looking at 80ish percent of the performance of whatever SSD you use (for only the size of the ssd of course, rest will be hdd slow...but considering most OS and apss only take up 30gb or so...its not as big a hit as you would think). The speed of the hdd does not matter. There is indeed a review in the works for the synapse. ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old March 6, 2012, 03:04 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

just a quick question, so when it says available now, when should we see them being instock at the retail level? days, weeks or months? Because i really did want to buy a synapse for my aging x58 (got a big bang board for $110 brand new, so i would have sata3) but the price for them is a little out of wack, $145 is the cheapest after a $15-$20MIR from most stores, but the corsair one for $99 is 50% cheaper and if you say its essentially the same thing then, it would prove to be a much better deal.