Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Press Releases & Tech News (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/)
-   -   First Laptop with 4.16GHz Clock Speed Unveiled – MSI GT780DX (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/52095-first-laptop-4-16ghz-clock-speed-unveiled-msi-gt780dx.html)

Sam_Reynolds March 1, 2012 11:14 AM

First Laptop with 4.16GHz Clock Speed Unveiled – MSI GT780DX

Have you ever seen a high-performance notebook computer packing Intel’s top-of-the-line Core i7 Extreme Edition with overclocking that blazes along at more than 4GHz? Have you ever experienced the superfast performance of a quad core gaming laptop that transfers files in less than half the time? Only the MSI GT780DX laptop, on display for a limited time, supports the Core i7 Extreme Edition, the fastest in the industry, to give you extreme system performance and cooling capabilities.

Read more here: First Laptop with 4.16GHz Clock Speed Unveiled – MSI GT780DX | Hardware Canucks

Lpfan4ever March 1, 2012 11:19 AM

Soon to announced: Extended batteries with THREE MINUTE BATTERY LIFE!

Soultribunal March 1, 2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever (Post 607410)

So true LP, so true lol.

-ST

bigFOIG March 1, 2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever (Post 607410)

Hahaha :haha: I see the battery life isn't mentioned there

belgolas March 1, 2012 12:12 PM

Well these are suppose to be a "portable" desktop replacement. In other words an all-in-one computer that pretty much needs to be plugged in all the time if you want to use it for more than 20 minutes. Honestly if people want a powerful computer they should get a desktop and then a cheapo laptop if they want to do ms word on the go. I know some people that buy a powerful "gaming" laptop for school and I just want to smack them on the side of the head for spending $2000 or more for one.

Fleurious March 1, 2012 12:18 PM

I won't touch MSI again. I bought my fiance an MSI A6200 and the screen died after a year.

JMCD March 1, 2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belgolas (Post 607426)
Well these are suppose to be a "portable" desktop replacement. In other words an all-in-one computer that pretty much needs to be plugged in all the time if you want to use it for more than 20 minutes. Honestly if people want a powerful computer they should get a desktop and then a cheapo laptop if they want to do ms word on the go. I know some people that buy a powerful "gaming" laptop for school and I just want to smack them on the side of the head for spending $2000 or more for one.

There are some uses for gaming laptops, some people really make use of them. For the most part, you're right. I have a gaming desktop and a laptop with a 2.4ghz dually and a 420m. I can play pretty much any game short of crysis, bf3 and metro 2033. It's portable, I get 6 hours of battery life and paid $550 over a year ago for it.

4DoorGTZ March 1, 2012 12:47 PM

Wow, i'd be interested if my 2 year old 980x laptop wasnt "perhaps" still faster then that.

b1lk1 March 1, 2012 12:54 PM

Third degree burns on your lap when you foolishly forget that this things never belongs anywhere but on a desk.....

jibz March 1, 2012 01:08 PM

I'd consider it for my school machine if I had any faith in laptop reliability.

Running full 8-12 VMs for AD simulation and networking on my old Celeronx2 thinkpad is brutal.

I'd love to find a i7 VM chewing beast that doesn't have a gaming GPU, has a solid warranty and a solid build with adequate cooling.