Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 28, 2012, 06:04 PM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default Memory Market Convergence Continues with WD-Toshiba Deal

After its plan to purchase Hitachi Global Storage Technologies spooked worldwide antitrust regulators, Western Digital announced today that it had agreed to sell Toshiba some of its 3.5 inch HDD manufacturing assets and related Intellectual Property.

Read more here: Memory Market Convergence Continues with WD-Toshiba Deal | Hardware Canucks

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Old February 28, 2012, 08:30 PM
F@H

My System Specs

And soon after there will only be two just like there is for everything else it seems.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 28, 2012, 08:40 PM
Allstar

And you want to see somethign intersting, looks at who sits onb the boards of these various companies. it can sometimes be quite enlightening. There used to be a website that you could put in a list of people or companies and get the lists of boards the sat on or baord members and a neat little diagram of the interconnections but it disappeared off the web some time ago.
Old February 29, 2012, 09:44 AM
News Editor

My System Specs

Marx was wrong about many things, but he was right about the the monopolistic tendencies of natural, unrestrained market forces.

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks