Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 14, 2012, 09:18 AM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default Google’s Motorola Mobility Purchase Approved

With hesitation, regulators in both the United States and European Union approved Google’s $12.5 billion acquisition of Motorola Monday paving the way for the search giant to potentially manufacture its own phones.

Read more here: Google’s Motorola Mobility Purchase Approved | Hardware Canucks

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Old February 14, 2012, 11:55 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

it forgot the last bit where he said, "and help open up new lawsuits Vs. Apple because they have seriously pissed us off.
Old February 14, 2012, 12:49 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Im betting Google sells off the manufacturing. Doesnt make sense to compete with their partners and all they wanted were the patents anyway.
Old February 14, 2012, 04:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
Im betting Google sells off the manufacturing. Doesnt make sense to compete with their partners and all they wanted were the patents anyway.
I don't know, they do heavily invest into the Samsung Nexus phones so maybe they are trying to do it on their own. Why base your success on what is someone elses to make or break.