Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 13, 2012, 07:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm001 View Post
Let me start off by saying I'm not an apple fanatic. But the pioneering in digital music was the "seamless" incorporation of itunes to both buy the music and sync/transfer it to the ipod.

There were other mp3 players and other music download services, but apple was the first to incorporate the whole thing into one interface.
Proves my point that once again Apple has no original ideas and it was all "borrowed" from someone else.
Old February 13, 2012, 07:44 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

To be fair apple isn't even in the same category as tall the companies it is compared to. Google is a web company, they have started making cell phones but they don't make MP3 players or laptops. Microsoft makes most of it's money on software and licensing devices, Apple sells the devices, the software and the marketing scheme. The iPhone is on the decline and depending on how Windows 8 is you might see a solid decline on the iPad too. The main problem that competing companies run into when trying to fight google is that once people buy an apple device they use Apple forever. IMHO Apple has not changed whereas Android and Windows are improving, but no matter how much better they make their products people won't leave Apple because it is the cool thing to do.

I actually convinced a friend to buy an android phone after he used my galaxy nexus for 15 minutes because it kicks the crap out of the iPhone 4s.
Old February 13, 2012, 07:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That's the thing. Apple is all image and no substance. Okay, they have some great products, and did actually pioneer the mobile computing world. Sure, they didn't invent the smartphone, but they made it popular. They didn't invent the tablet PC, but they made it better. I think they hit their peak a year ago when they released the iPad2. Since then, they're just playing catch up, technologically speaking. They're relying on their already bombshell image to sell more product. I can imagine their executives sitting in the boardroom looking at all their competitors' products, and trying to think up ways to prevent them from gaining any market share. This is where all the patent suits are coming from now. They're grasping at straws. What made Apple big in this millenium was their innovation. But now they're not ahead of the game anymore. And with all this bad press about them (I consider any story about one company suing another to be bad press) I can see them turning into the 'big evil empire' that Microsoft once was.

When you're at the top (and they indisputably are, currently) everybody has their guns aimed at you. They have to get used to that!

BTW, I love what is happening in China right now. It's a taste of their own medicine.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old February 13, 2012, 07:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just recently when considering what to move to from the iphone 3gs, me and the couple other guys at work all agreed that the iphone 4s was not even on the consider list. I ended up grabbing the Razr and so far I love it. Certainly better than any iphone and add that to being able to move stuff to it how I want without having to resort to installing some apple crap on my machine.

Old February 13, 2012, 08:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have my iPad 2 on ebay. Once my contract is up getting an android phone as well. So to JJThomp there are people like me (and one of my friends) that are moving away from the apple universe. I hate iTunes so much and I hate the DRM it has. There are other store to get DRM free music and videos but it does take a bit more work. The only thing I like about iTunes is all you do is plug it in and it syncs everything automatically.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old February 13, 2012, 08:53 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
I actually convinced a friend to buy an android phone after he used my galaxy nexus for 15 minutes because it kicks the crap out of the iPhone 4s.
same, 1 friend from a iphone 4 and 2 from iphone 4s's all switched to nexus's and 1 gave his wife his ipad2 and bought himself and his son transformer tablets, lol.
all were die hard apple fans..

Old February 14, 2012, 07:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yeah i truly believe the apple fad is on the decline but then again so was the pokemon fad and it is still going strong. At the end of the day because of the mark up Apple will never lose money but I think their market share in all things will drop substantially in the next 2 or 3 years.
Old February 14, 2012, 07:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's not that I hate Apple products, it's just that I hate the fanaticism that Apple promotes.

My girlfriend's son has an iPad2. I've played with it, and it's a fantastic piece of kit. My brother has an iPhone, and I do think that it's a really cool phone.

But on the flip side, my father converted to Apple a few years ago. he bought an iMac, and then he bought a Macbook. But he went extreme. He absolutely 100% believes that Macs are infallible, and that PC's are these horrible, old, dingy 'calculators' that crash every 3 minutes.

I hate the fact that that some employees and customers at the bike shop where I work part time use their Apple gadgets as fashion devices, and think they're 'cooler' than anyone else because they have Apple products.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old February 14, 2012, 08:23 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
It's not that I hate Apple products, it's just that I hate the fanaticism that Apple promotes.

My girlfriend's son has an iPad2. I've played with it, and it's a fantastic piece of kit. My brother has an iPhone, and I do think that it's a really cool phone.

But on the flip side, my father converted to Apple a few years ago. he bought an iMac, and then he bought a Macbook. But he went extreme. He absolutely 100% believes that Macs are infallible, and that PC's are these horrible, old, dingy 'calculators' that crash every 3 minutes.

I hate the fact that that some employees and customers at the bike shop where I work part time use their Apple gadgets as fashion devices, and think they're 'cooler' than anyone else because they have Apple products.
See where you see "cool", I see stupidity hahaha I would buy a pre built DELL PC over an apple, mac is whack.
Old February 14, 2012, 08:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Don't Know how Apple even got those patents in the fist place. None of that is is new or inovative in any way.

Look at Palm device does all that 10 years ago?