Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 5, 2012, 03:57 PM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default RIMís Playbook has Reached End of Life

According to a leaked internal marketing bulletin from Telus, first posted on Mobile Syrup, Research in Motionís Blackberry Playbook has reached its End of Life.

RIM’s Playbook has Reached End of Life | Hardware Canucks

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Old February 5, 2012, 04:03 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

So... if we look at their roadmap... we won't see the "new" Playbook with minor upgrades until Q3 this year... and it probably wouldn't have much impact on those of use who don't care about HSPA+ when we're gonna be using WiFi. Pretty fail move, but oh well, I got one.
Old February 5, 2012, 04:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Considering they just slashed prices just as HP did this was a logical foregone conclusion.
Old February 5, 2012, 05:36 PM
Allstar

I have been playing around with my new 16GB PB this weekend and it's awesome for 199$.
The bridge to my new Bold 9900 works perfectly. Also, I plan to carry it around for work and use it to display literature, manuals, videos. PowerPoint, pictures etc.

For those who don't know RIM will be releasing the new version 2 OS Feb 17th or there about for the current Playbook. This will add new features like android support, native email and more ...

The next Playbook will have a 1.5Gz cpu and 4G etc ...

The EOL deal with Telus seems logical since a cellular provider would be more interested in selling devices that actually use their network ... the current playbook is wifi only.
Old February 5, 2012, 10:19 PM
Rookie

I missed the opportunity when Telus was selling them for $149. They were sold like hotcakes.
Old February 6, 2012, 04:16 AM
Allstar

If they go down to 149$ everywhere in the next 30 days I will get the 50$ back at BB.
I was worried that waiting any longer I might not find a 16GB model if they get further reduced.
If that happens I would probably get a 2nd one as well
Old February 6, 2012, 06:10 AM
F@H

My System Specs

As long as I still get my new OS this month that allows me to run android apps I'm happy.
Old February 9, 2012, 10:19 AM
Allstar
F@H

How's the Playbook experience? I am thinking of getting one to be used mainly as an ereader and browsing.

Old February 9, 2012, 09:37 PM
Rookie

I'm starting to think I should get one of these if I can. My 10" tablet is just so big.... and I rarely do anything but watch flash videos on it anyway.
Old February 10, 2012, 04:30 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_zappa View Post
How's the Playbook experience? I am thinking of getting one to be used mainly as an ereader and browsing.
It's been a week so far ... I'm waiting for the OS 2 update due in the next week or so before commenting but as is, it does what I wanted.

May want to check this site out ...
CrackBerry.com