Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 7, 2012, 01:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Clients copy right infringement, at the end of the day it is online storage... Is HP liable for people storing illegally downloaded music and possibly sharing it on their cloud platform? If this man is found to be guilty a whole can of worms is going to be opened up and there will probably be no more remote access online storage.

Again there are tons of other sites that do this but none of their founders are being arrested because whether or not this man is convicted the U.S court system will have made a statement that they don't care if they can convict you, they will ruin your life any ways.

Edit: Similar to the teenagers convicted of uploading music on Napster, they convicted the teens, pretty much screwed them out of ever going to college and seeking meaningful employment and then made them do commercials as "community service". They could have arrested 50-60% of teenagers in the entire country but they took a couple and made a point.

Edit 2: To put it in perspective if I post a picture on here that is someone else's property and you make money from getting hits on your sight even though you did not authorize me you are now guilty of copyright infringement.

Last edited by JJThomp; February 7, 2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old February 7, 2012, 01:59 PM
News Editor

My System Specs

The Napster cases, and most P2P cases, were civil suits brought forward by copyright holders. Loosing a civil suit, or having one pending against you, is not the same as a criminal suit.

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Old February 7, 2012, 02:12 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
Clients copy right infringement, at the end of the day it is online storage... Is HP liable for people storing illegally downloaded music and possibly sharing it on their cloud platform? If this man is found to be guilty a whole can of worms is going to be opened up and there will probably be no more remote access online storage.

Again there are tons of other sites that do this but none of their founders are being arrested because whether or not this man is convicted the U.S court system will have made a statement that they don't care if they can convict you, they will ruin your life any ways.

Edit: Similar to the teenagers convicted of uploading music on Napster, they convicted the teens, pretty much screwed them out of ever going to college and seeking meaningful employment and then made them do commercials as "community service". They could have arrested 50-60% of teenagers in the entire country but they took a couple and made a point.

Edit 2: To put it in perspective if I post a picture on here that is someone else's property and you make money from getting hits on your sight even though you did not authorize me you are now guilty of copyright infringement.
Welcome to America :) Also you can thank whoever voted for the current sack of crap running it. As long as money has ANYTHING to do with politics, be it in their pockets or towards their rampage of lies leading upto their being elected then we will have to deal with large corporations and the Media being the ones who actually run the country.
Old February 7, 2012, 02:50 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

The biggest thing to come from this is case is: do NOT do business with the yanks. Do NOT have servers located in the states, do NOT use .com or any other TLD "owned" by the states and dont even think about visiting the states. They are quickly becoming the modern equivalent of the digital wasteland and you would have to be NUTS to do business with them. I doubt we would have CARS right now if the horse and buggy whip mfg'ers could have bought the gov like the mpaa & riaa have bought the US gov now. The rest of the world needs to take control of the Top Level Domains and the Internet in whole away from the yanks. They have shown to be too corrupt and irresponsible to be allowed to "own" it.

This WILL have a chilling effect on cloud storage and this will put the yanks even further behind the curve as progress stops for no one. You can not legislate morality. You can either adapt or die.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr