Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 27, 2012, 11:27 AM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default Itís an iPad World. We Just Live in it.

Apple released their quarterly results earlier this week to the delight of their investors and dismay of their competitors.
Read more here: It’s an iPad World. We Just Live in it. | Hardware Canucks

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Old January 27, 2012, 01:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

While they are outselling with the tablets, it really is a different story with phones. I know that Apple would like you to believe that they rule all, but the fact is Samsung have a bigger market share than Apple with phones.

Apple shipped the most smartphones in Q4, but Samsung leads overall with 19.9% market share in 2011 | MobileSyrup.com

While Apple does hold a significant share, you have to remember they are the only iOS devices, where all the Android devices are split among various manufactures like Samsung, Motorola, etc. I'm pretty sure you will start to see the same thing with tablets this year as more and more people get them, and more and more get Android or Win 8 tablets over the iOS one.

Old January 27, 2012, 01:39 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I think Windows 8 is going to take a bite out of iPad
Old January 27, 2012, 01:53 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
I think Windows 8 is going to take a bite out of iPad
Will be nice to see how a tablet running windows 8 performs. As for tablets in general I find them pretty much useless for me since my laptop does just fine.

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DarkDivinityPC

I fold for a cure. Team 213366 and 54196.
Old January 29, 2012, 11:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am going to sell my iPad 2 on ebay as soon as I get a new case for it. Only good thing about Apple products is they hold their value pretty well. I bought the 64gb 3g version for $900 after taxes and hugely regret it. At first I loved it and played with it pretty much every waking moment but now I pretty much just use it to watch netflix in bed and the occasional movie on the road if I am not driving. So I will sell it for around $700 on ebay which is pretty decent for an "old" tablet. I currently have an HP touchpad with WebOS and Android 4.0 but an seriously thinking of getting the Asus Transformer Prime but will probably wait for the TF700T version. A 1080P tablet I think will be great.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old January 29, 2012, 12:18 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Apple has always been great at paying off the press. Which has paid off for them and created a cult following in their more recent products, but it's always important to take their boasts with a grain of salt. As much as the Ipad is something everybody needs/has I only know 2 out of the hundreds of people I know who have one.

Though I admit they are a very neat polished product personally I don't see enough practical value in a tablet to warrant purchasing one in the near future.
Old January 29, 2012, 12:58 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibz View Post
Apple has always been great at paying off the press.
I'm curious how they've been doing that.

It wasn't too long ago that Apple was the butt of everyone's joke. I don't think they've paid off anyone. They just made an excellent set of products that many people desire.
Old January 29, 2012, 02:56 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

IMO, Apple make great products for the general tech audience. They're easy to use and the user is quite limited in what he can do = less crashes.

I'dd like a tablet/laptop such as the Transformer prime but mobile O/S's still lack some maturity. I'd like a tablet that can do the same I use my laptop for; have a little SC2 game at the hotel, install Guitar Pro plus various softwares I need and join to an Enterprise Domain. Being able to use it with/without the keyboard dock on the road too. Maybe Windows 8 will brings some of this, but I don't like the metro interface.

I have really high expectation from either Lenovo or the HTC/IBM partnership in this regard cause let's face it, iPad/iPhone are far from practical in an enterprise. Roaming with these things is a nightmare,let alone having a user roam with both an iPhone and an iPad.

I have yet to really try out Android in an enterprise..
Old January 29, 2012, 03:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth- View Post
IMO, Apple make great products for the general tech audience. They're easy to use and the user is quite limited in what he can do = less crashes.

I'dd like a tablet/laptop such as the Transformer prime but mobile O/S's still lack some maturity. I'd like a tablet that can do the same I use my laptop for; have a little SC2 game at the hotel, install Guitar Pro plus various softwares I need and join to an Enterprise Domain. Being able to use it with/without the keyboard dock on the road too. Maybe Windows 8 will brings some of this, but I don't like the metro interface.

I have really high expectation from either Lenovo or the HTC/IBM partnership in this regard cause let's face it, iPad/iPhone are far from practical in an enterprise. Roaming with these things is a nightmare,let alone having a user roam with both an iPhone and an iPad.

I have yet to really try out Android in an enterprise..
Don't kid yourself iphones and ipads crash a lot more often than you or anyone says
Old January 29, 2012, 03:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah a lot of poeple come at my job and ask if we can repair Ipas/ Ipod/Iphone. It's always the same crap, broken screen or software crashing...

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||