Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 26, 2012, 06:03 PM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default MegaUpload Users Planning Lawsuit Over Lost Data

A herd of former MegaUpload users are planning on suing the FBI over data lost in the shutdown of the digital storage locker.

Read more here: MegaUpload Users Planning Lawsuit Over Lost Data | Hardware Canucks

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Old January 26, 2012, 06:50 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I hope a lot of people sue them for their draconian actions and that they have to pay shitloads of money for their behavior affecting the life of, actually, millions of people compared to how many people are affected by copyright infringement. Too much ''collateral damage'' on this one.
Old January 26, 2012, 07:46 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

The immediate take down without warning is a pretty vile act towards megaupload customers/clients who had legitimate property stored on the service. I could see that being grounds for a damages lawsuit.
Old January 26, 2012, 07:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Good to see people standing up for themself, but with how retarded the american legal system is I doubt it will go in the users favor, probably end in an undisclosed settlement out of court.
Old January 26, 2012, 07:53 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

The polititions got paid off to shut that down, and because of that, its now END OF STORY.... The one and ONLY thing that matters to 100% of polititions is cash in their pockets.
Old January 26, 2012, 08:02 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birk View Post
The polititions got paid off to shut that down, and because of that, its now END OF STORY.... The one and ONLY thing that matters to 100% of polititions is cash in their pockets.
Not true, votes mean a lot to politicians. Send then angry letters telling them that if they take a stance against what you want they will lose your vote and the vote of other's like yourself. Vocal minority tactics does work on them just as well as a vocal majority, just communicate with your representatives if you want to influence your world.