Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 24, 2012, 08:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Many people where getting XFX for their warranty, what will happen now?

they gonna buy asus /msi/gigabut

3 year warranty serial# based

i'm hangin onto an evga 8800gt with lifetime warranty damn card wont die lol

evga e760 +920 4.8 water5.0+ on phase linx stable
gtx285 tri-sli
dfi ut-p35 lt
e8600@4.6 1.38v
too much ram
Old January 24, 2012, 11:11 PM
Top Prospect

There is zero reason to buy their cards now, as the only reason was a double warranty that meant the resale value kept a bit higher then competitors. From now on I'll be sticking with ASUS / MSI, as they don't require registration, will keep a good resale value inside 2 years and don't have a history of releasing revisions under the same part number with lower quality components.

I haven't been impressed with their RMA services since they went with ATI/AMD, especially after earlier this year when I had a nightmare trying to get a release reference 6970 back, and not the revised reference one they tried to pawn off on me twice.

Perhaps if they kept some of the money they're spending on those stupid youtube videos and other booth-babe garbage no one cares about, they could have kept this program running longer. It's another EVGA in the making.
Old January 24, 2012, 11:49 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylSp View Post
There is zero reason to buy their cards now, as the only reason was a double warranty that meant the resale value kept a bit higher then competitors. From now on I'll be sticking with ASUS / MSI, as they don't require registration, will keep a good resale value inside 2 years and don't have a history of releasing revisions under the same part number with lower quality components.

I haven't been impressed with their RMA services since they went with ATI/AMD, especially after earlier this year when I had a nightmare trying to get a release reference 6970 back, and not the revised reference one they tried to pawn off on me twice.

Perhaps if they kept some of the money they're spending on those stupid youtube videos and other booth-babe garbage no one cares about, they could have kept this program running longer. It's another EVGA in the making.
Stories like this are exactly why I stayed away.
Old January 24, 2012, 11:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yup that sucks, as others have stated that dbl lifetime was nice for resale value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old January 25, 2012, 01:43 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylSp View Post

ASus/MSI/Gigabyte warranty if you dont have the receipt or register, they go by the manufacture date of the card for your warranty. There warranty is no better than everyone else.
Least with the XFX DD version, custom cooler on a reference PCB can still get lifetime.
I mean EVGA has gone away from lifetime, only for select models. Yet you dont see people complain. If you dont register, then you only get 1 year. Which most people dont even do any way.
I'll still buy XFX cards, regardless if it has lifetime or not.
Old January 25, 2012, 04:31 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Well there goes the premium worth of buying an XFX card if you were ever planning on reselling it.
Old January 25, 2012, 09:14 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Ironically those who think that non-registration is going to stay are wrong. Already for the full warranty on GB boards I think it is you have to register. Soon everything you buy regardless of Manufacturer will require it. Its only a matter of time.

This does hurt the resell value a bit, but I am sure they will find new ways to give us Value for our Money.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 25, 2012, 09:21 PM
MVP

Double lifetime was pushing it and was a bit too much of a hassle.
Single lifetime is enough to stand out from the crowd. Just wish they didn't take on the evga stance of only using select models and applied it to all cards.
Old January 26, 2012, 10:41 AM
Rookie

Dammit that sucks