Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 20, 2012, 10:21 AM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default Microsoft Posts Record Revenue but Windows Continues to Decline

Despite quickly declining Windows sales, Microsoft’s latest earnings report show the company has posted record revenue.

Read more here: Microsoft Posts Record Revenue but Windows Continues to Decline | Hardware Canucks

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Old January 20, 2012, 10:35 AM
MVP

I hope declining sales of desktop Windows based devices prompts Microsoft to consider changes in pricing.
Old January 20, 2012, 10:55 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

^ that would solve nothing but create negative speculation in their stock
And the obvs one, decreased revenue which would facilitate the statement above
Old January 20, 2012, 11:31 AM
MVP

I disagree. It's not hard to imagine a sub-$100 desktop PC serving the needs of many home and business users very well. I think the cost of Windows has been a big barrier to this happening. I think the mainstream market is missing an entire form-factor because the price of Windows is disproportionate to the hardware.

In addition to that, I believe a great number of people who currently pirate Windows would be willing to purchase it at a lower price.
Old January 20, 2012, 11:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiato View Post
I disagree. It's not hard to imagine a sub-$100 desktop PC serving the needs of many home and business users very well. I think the cost of Windows has been a big barrier to this happening. I think the mainstream market is missing an entire form-factor because the price of Windows is disproportionate to the hardware.

In addition to that, I believe a great number of people who currently pirate Windows would be willing to purchase it at a lower price.

100% agreement there.