Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old January 9, 2012, 01:05 PM
News Editor
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cylon Occupied Caprica
Posts: 713

My System Specs

Default Microsoft’s Steve Ballmer to Deliver Last CES Keynote Tonight

CES 2012 officially begins tonight with a keynote by Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, where he will likely announce Microsoft’s next generation gaming console – the Xbox 720.

Read more here: Microsoft
__________________
Follow me on Twitter: @thesamreynolds

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old January 9, 2012, 01:12 PM
Soultribunal's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 8,066

My System Specs

Default

Cool,

Can't wait to see what they have to say about the next generation of Xbox.

-ST
__________________




"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old January 9, 2012, 04:26 PM
ipaine's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 2,056

My System Specs

Default

You can watch it live if you want here:

Microsoft at 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES)
__________________
"Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong."


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old January 9, 2012, 07:44 PM
ipaine's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 2,056

My System Specs

Default

Well nothing about a new xbox.
__________________
"Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong."


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old January 9, 2012, 08:43 PM
SKYMTL's Avatar
HardwareCanuck Review Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,651
Default

Another press conference flop...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old January 9, 2012, 09:11 PM
Lpfan4ever's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 2,763

My System Specs

Default

Pfft, I don't expect new consoles for a while. They can still milk Kinect (and Move)!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp
I don't know, maybe if you get a big enough compacticator you can put it in your butt and name yourself "sexbuttplug"...
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
...
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old January 9, 2012, 09:55 PM
ipaine's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 2,056

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Another press conference flop...
This one and the Sony one as well. Really they both felt like they were forced or something. I mean it just seemed like they both had the wrong people talking. Add that to the fact that there really wasn't anything much we had not seen or heard of, they were both pointless.
__________________
"Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong."


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old January 9, 2012, 11:08 PM
bissa's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 1,160

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
This one and the Sony one as well. Really they both felt like they were forced or something. I mean it just seemed like they both had the wrong people talking. Add that to the fact that there really wasn't anything much we had not seen or heard of, they were both pointless.
probably because balmers job is on the line with W8, and he's crazy. and sony is scared of what the response will be with all the security breaches last year.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old January 10, 2012, 04:54 AM
SKYMTL's Avatar
HardwareCanuck Review Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
This one and the Sony one as well. Really they both felt like they were forced or something. I mean it just seemed like they both had the wrong people talking. Add that to the fact that there really wasn't anything much we had not seen or heard of, they were both pointless.
If you thought the Sony one was bad, you didn't see NVIDIA, Panasonic and especially Intel....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old January 10, 2012, 05:29 AM
ipaine's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 2,056

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
If you thought the Sony one was bad, you didn't see NVIDIA, Panasonic and especially Intel....

Oh god, that bad?!? I only watched a live blog of the Nvidia one and that was pretty bad on its own.
__________________
"Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong."


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apple keynote bloopers... m1dget Mac 5 April 19, 2010 10:51 AM
Ballmer Mark Off Topic 6 December 11, 2008 03:14 AM
Ballmer: You Want XP, We'll Keep XP Hardware Canucks Press Releases & Tech News 1 April 27, 2008 11:38 AM
Ballmer Says Customers Don't Want XP; Will Likely Be Discontinued in June Hardware Canucks Press Releases & Tech News 5 April 27, 2008 11:37 AM
Ballmer: Vista is 'a work in progress' stoanee Press Releases & Tech News 1 April 17, 2008 06:13 PM