Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 9, 2012, 10:19 AM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default CES 2012: Samsung Unveils Series 7 Monitor

Samsung Electronics Canada, today introduced the next evolution of its award-winning Central Station, the Series 7 Samsung Smart Station, as well as a redesigned Series 7 HDTV monitor for a whole-home solution. Part HD monitor, part wireless docking station, the second generation Series 7 Smart Station (CB750) builds upon the successes of its predecessor and now integrates with mobile devices in addition to notebook PCs, peripherals, network and AV, providing users with a simple and convenient way to increase productivity. The new Series 7 HDTV monitor (TB750) includes HDTV functionality with a built-in TV tuner and integrated wireless display (WiDi) technology from Intel for added connectivity to the TB750 as well as integrations with mobile devices like smartphones and tablets for added versatility.

Read more here: CES 2012: Samsung Unveils Series 7 Monitor | Hardware Canucks

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Old January 9, 2012, 11:20 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Am I the only one who likes my monitors utilitarian and ugly as hell?
Old January 9, 2012, 12:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Depends what you mean, but that monitor sure as hell does not appeal to me. I prefer - and by far - my U2410.
Old January 9, 2012, 01:10 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
No, not by far.

Save me all this crap plastic mounting and shiny surfaces (which mar and scratch too easily anyways) and spend all the money and engineering on the panel.

Sadly though SKYMTL when it comes to monitors presentation and futureistic looks are what sells en masse. We are a small demograph.....

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 9, 2012, 01:57 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Looks like it has a glossy screen, making this have 2 problems

I agree, lets keep monitor designs simple and matte finished. I absolutely despise of glossy plastic. It attracts and shows dust WAY too much.
Old January 12, 2012, 11:04 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
I think i'd like it more if the stand was symmetrical.. Connected to the base on both sides.