Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 15, 2011, 12:14 PM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default Lian Li Shows Off ‘Revolutionary’ PC-100 Case

Experienced case maker Lian Li has unveiled a radical rethink of the PC case, the new PC-100. The PC-100 is a long overdue redesign of the traditional PC chassis that improves cooling, prolongs component life, and saves space. This beautiful and compact mid tower case is roomy enough for the longest graphics cards and largest E-ATX/XL-ATX/ATX motherboards, thanks to its innovative layout. It is also remarkably easy to assemble without tools. Lian Li’s innovative PC-100 is a breath of fresh air for the stagnant PC case market.

Read more here: Lian Li Shows Off ‘Revolutionary’ PC-100 Case | Hardware Canucks

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Old December 15, 2011, 12:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't see how this could succeed when BTX couldn't make it mainstream.

Watercooling is almost impossible and air cooling is going to be pretty crappy despite the layout being reversed. CPU gets recycled hot air from external exhaust graphics and the case has only a single 120mm intake while there's 2x140mm in the back. Too much negative pressure and the cooling is concentrated AWAY from the hottest components which completely defeats the original intention of the design.
Old December 15, 2011, 01:15 PM
F@H

My System Specs

As revolutionary as the Design might be, I want performance numbers before I have any judgement.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 15, 2011, 01:35 PM
F@H

My System Specs

So all your USB, network, monitor and speaker wires stick out the front? No thanks. I spent hours hiding that stuff in my desk, there's no way I want to see it every day.
Old December 15, 2011, 04:54 PM
MVP

My System Specs

If you notice, it's actually inside the case -- the expansion slots are about two inches deeper than the front of the case. Great if you're using USB and DVI connectors, not so good if you're using an adapter of any kind or still have a serial port.
Old December 15, 2011, 07:03 PM
Top Prospect

no good
Old December 15, 2011, 07:08 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galcobar View Post
If you notice, it's actually inside the case -- the expansion slots are about two inches deeper than the front of the case. Great if you're using USB and DVI connectors, not so good if you're using an adapter of any kind or still have a serial port.
I did look. And it's clearly visible behind the mesh, because that's where it draws all the air from. I'll wait until I see a review, but it would have to be something else to get me to buy one.
Old December 15, 2011, 07:46 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

This makes no sense. Yeah the traditional exhaust fan is now an intake fan, but the video cards will be blowing hot air right next to the cpu/chipset intake.

Also with the rear fans being the exhaust in a 180 shifted design, the video cards will have very little pressure to work with, and no directed flow to them.

Off the bat the two hottest parts have seemingly serious problems; a lack of cool air intake.

Why don't case designers try and take more advantage of natural convection currents formed from hot bodies, and always try a vertical cooling scheme?

I want to see more cases like the TJ11
SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd.- TJ11
Old December 15, 2011, 10:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteroderus View Post
This makes no sense. Yeah the traditional exhaust fan is now an intake fan, but the video cards will be blowing hot air right next to the cpu/chipset intake.

Also with the rear fans being the exhaust in a 180 shifted design, the video cards will have very little pressure to work with, and no directed flow to them.

Off the bat the two hottest parts have seemingly serious problems; a lack of cool air intake.

Why don't case designers try and take more advantage of natural convection currents formed from hot bodies, and always try a vertical cooling scheme?

I want to see more cases like the TJ11
SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd.- TJ11
I think i trust Lian Li to test this design before they start selling cases. Gotta wait for numbers, because speculation is just speculation.