Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 29, 2011, 07:35 PM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default Report: Consumers Not Interested in Windows on Tablets

Microsoft has ‘missed the boat’ on Windows based tablets according to a new report by market research group Forrester Research.

Read more here:Report: Consumers Not Interested in Windows on Tablets | Hardware Canucks

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Old November 29, 2011, 08:05 PM
MVP

Bah, the argument is that they're too late. Consumers have the attention span of a fly, if it looks good and works well they sell tons. The added attraction being that people are already used to Windows, that argument being a bit specious as W8 will be something different than they've seen before.
Gigabyte GTX780
Caviar Black 1TB x2 RAID0
Corsair Gold 850W
Corsair H80
Corsair 600T Graphite
Old November 29, 2011, 08:28 PM
F@H

My System Specs

...and you see I haven't bought a tablet at all because I want Windows on it. Actually, any full-powered PC that could run a proper operating system, but in the tablet size.

I don't need a super-sized phone, I have one that fits in my pocket and performs all the same functions.
Old November 30, 2011, 04:25 AM
Restricted Poster

My System Specs

I agree... Microsoft dropped the ball on that one. When people think of tablets they don't think of Windows..
Old November 30, 2011, 05:02 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

You know what's funny about all these research groups with their statistics? They're always proven wrong, and don't have any recourse for their statements.

If Microsoft released the latest whiz-bang tablet with the new screen 2.0, people would line up like good little consumers - that's for certain. Either that, or Microsoft is butt hurt because of the Zune and sticking to core principals when it comes to re-marketing someone elses idea.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old November 30, 2011, 06:51 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I want windows on a tablet!

I think it would be cool if implemented properly.

What I don't need is a giant version of a cellphone.
Old November 30, 2011, 06:51 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rison View Post
You know what's funny about all these research groups with their statistics? They're always proven wrong, and don't have any recourse for their statements.

If Microsoft released the latest whiz-bang tablet with the new screen 2.0, people would line up like good little consumers - that's for certain. Either that, or Microsoft is butt hurt because of the Zune and sticking to core principals when it comes to re-marketing someone elses idea.
I liked the Zune. It was a neat little device. Sure the market sucked ass, but for an alternative to the iPod, it was alright. It just wasn't going to overcome the ridiculous amount of fan momentum and hype that the iPod/iPhone had.

And it'll be the same with Win8 tablets. People will buy it, no doubt. But will the mass market really see the difference between a tablet running a full OS, versus a tablet running something like iOS or Android.
Old November 30, 2011, 09:32 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I still don't know what a tablet is for...

I have a smartphone that does mobile browsing and communication.

I have a Nvidia surround gaming station.

I have a home server working as a NAS/service host and media box.

I have a couple AppleTVs running XBMC.

I don't need a tablet for communication, gaming, media or workstation use so what use is it?
Old November 30, 2011, 09:37 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

The respondents the the survey obviously havent seen windows 8. W8 is prefect for tablets.
Old November 30, 2011, 10:26 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
The respondents the the survey obviously havent seen windows 8. W8 is prefect for tablets.
They're assuming it's just going to be like iOS only windows flavored I bet. I mean, I hated the Metro interface myself, but I can see how well it'll work in a tablet environment.