Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 30, 2011, 10:13 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

i will be interested if the office suite is included for free. I dont think there is an android powerpoint app that is capable of a slideshow function with animation.
Old November 30, 2011, 11:39 AM
MVP

Until Apple's brand sours, I don't see how Microsoft will significantly penetrate the tablet market without a loss-leading product.

Microsoft has nothing compelling to offer the majority of this mass of, generally speaking, extremely unsophisticated consumers. They don't care about office. They don't care about Xbox. They don't have any technological ideology. Their tablets have replaced magazines, photo albums and to some degree, television. They are devices of consumption -- not development or authoring, Microsoft's strengths.

To most of these users, Microsoft and Windows are both already sour brands associated with evil business practices and buggy, insecure software -- those aren't necessarily my beliefs, but how non-techs I know tend to see things.
Old November 30, 2011, 01:36 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Windows 8 will be the ticket for tablets the clouded touch feely windows is not for my liking but people will like it.
Old November 30, 2011, 06:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Windows 8 will be perfect. The fact that it will also support ARM allows Microsoft to really gain access to the tablet market.

I really see myself using a Windows 8 tablet. Put in a SIM card and be productive anywhere you go. I've tried on numerous occasions to access LogMeIn from my phone but it just doesn't work. The tablet will fix that.

Also, because there will be a App Store for Windows 8 it will allow the user to have access to fully supported software on-the-fly. I'm sure there will be a "tablet only" filter.

Most people most likely won't even need to exit the Metro UI for their intended purposes, but for when you really need a desktop, hook up a Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse and away you go. Fantastic really.
Old December 1, 2011, 04:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It was cool to use tablet PC ( HP swivel ) few years back. I want windows on a tablet since I can run some apps that dosen't exist on Android or iOS.
They could also make a tablet that run a full linux, that would be nice.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old December 1, 2011, 11:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I bought a powerful i5 windows 7 tablet and 2 days later returned it. Thankfully Best Buy has a good return policy.

Windows 8 is a much better OS for a touch screen but it looks very ugly compared to android and even iOS. So I can not see it taking off in the consumer market. Windows I think still has a long way to go. First they need to make the UI much better and not make it look like someone puked on it.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old December 1, 2011, 12:12 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

What is so ugly about W8? Not sure what you mean