Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 3, 2011, 06:58 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
I really hope they can turn things around, but if they can't I hope they don't drag the former ATI down with them...an Intel monopoly on CPU and NVidia monopoly on graphics would not lead to a consumer friendly marketplace. For now it seems AMD graphics (ATI) are doing decent enough. I can't say it enough...I just wish they would admit that BD is not right at the present time and scrap it (unless they know its going to become a lot more than it is with tweaking), die shrink thuban to hold them over, and press on with their aging stars design while figuring out what to do (not keep feeding BD space heaters to the market place and destroying their reputation).
That's what I still can't understand. They knew that full well BD will be a failure, they know they can't fool the world with it. Shrinking and refining Thuban while adding couple more cores would have made me one of their supporting customers. With Intel dominating it will be (and already kins is) boring. And, of course, expensive.
Old December 3, 2011, 07:37 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Threads merged, looks like we had two of these going in two different sections