Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 28, 2011, 06:11 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Actually, I believe micro USB is pretty much the standard. I could be wrong, but I think I read an article a little while ago stating that it was the mandate to have all devices (phones) use Micro USB.
It could also mean that the manufacturers will stop including chargers down the road since they'll expect you to already have a compatible charger.
Old November 29, 2011, 06:42 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
Actually, I believe micro USB is pretty much the standard. I could be wrong, but I think I read an article a little while ago stating that it was the mandate to have all devices (phones) use Micro USB.
It could also mean that the manufacturers will stop including chargers down the road since they'll expect you to already have a compatible charger.
In Europe it's an agreement between all parties that they'll use MicroUSB so that they do not need to include a charger, reducing the cost of the phone itself.

Not a legally binding agreement, but an agreement nonetheless.