Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Press Releases & Tech News (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/)
-   -   OCZ Technology Unveils the PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III Power Supply Series (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/48156-ocz-technology-unveils-pc-power-cooling-silencer-mk-iii-power-supply-series.html)

Sam_Reynolds November 9, 2011 11:19 AM

OCZ Technology Unveils the PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III Power Supply Series

OCZ Technology Group, Inc., a leading provider of high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) and power management solutions for computing devices and systems, today unveiled the Silencer Mk III Power Supply Series from PC Power & Cooling. Offering industrial-grade performance and stability for demanding computing environments, the Silencer Mk III provides high efficiency, quiet operation, and features the company’s first modular design.

Read more here: OCZ Technology Unveils the PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III Power Supply Series | Hardware Canucks

martin_metal_88 November 9, 2011 02:17 PM

400-600W? there still is room for more unit on the market?
Unless it's that good and that cheap it wont change anything to the actual world.

Soultribunal November 9, 2011 03:03 PM

I want to know what OEM platform these ones operate on.

OCZ does have a decent unit in there ZS series. But not all of them are like that.

ST

Galcobar November 9, 2011 03:14 PM

Wonder if they remembered to edit the PC Power & Cooling web pages which list the dangers of losing efficiency to modular connectors, and how a 120mm fan requires 30% smaller components compared to using an end-mounted 80mm fan...

martin_metal_88 November 9, 2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galcobar (Post 566843)
Wonder if they remembered to edit the PC Power & Cooling web pages which list the dangers of losing efficiency to modular connectors, and how a 120mm fan requires 30% smaller components compared to using an end-mounted 80mm fan...

They remember that people want to pay for modular and that 120MM is quieter :)

ilya November 9, 2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soultribunal (Post 566834)
I want to know what OEM platform these ones operate on.

Speculate: PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk.III 600W Power Supply Review - Internal

Never seen the platform before myself, but it uses a lot of high quality components for a Bronze unit. It's usually only Seasonic and Delta that do so. The cheapo plastic airflow guide screams Seasonic to me though.

Soultribunal November 9, 2011 05:21 PM

I don't think I've seen a Seasonic platform that looked like that inside before. The Minimalistic heatsinks almost remind me of Superflower.

Lets see what happens if Jonny Guru gets one,

ST

martin_metal_88 November 9, 2011 05:48 PM

Superflower I say.

Soultribunal November 9, 2011 07:48 PM

Silencer Mk3 from PCP&C (400-600W) - MKIII 600W Review @ HH - jonnyGURU Forums

Wow, its seasonic...
Awesome call on that Ilya.

I really was banking on Superflower.

-ST