Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 8, 2011, 01:30 PM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default Research Firm Believes Ultrabooks will Revive PC Industry

Ultrabooks have been marketed by the PC industry, most notably Intel, Acer, and Asus, as a counterbalance to the rise of tablet-culture: thin, light, and powerful. These computers were supposed to offer the portability of a tablet with the power of a PC. While this category of computer sounds promising, the sales have been less than impressive. Digitimes reported in late October that Asus and Acer only expect to sell approximately 100,000 Ultrabook computers by year-end half as many as initially expected.

Read more here: Research Firm Believes Ultrabooks will Revive PC Industry | Hardware Canucks

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks