LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 1, 2011, 02:45 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Default Foxconn Quantum Force is back with X79

Foxconn Quantum Force is back with X79 by VR-Zone.com
Old November 1, 2011, 02:58 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Interesting, I wonder what availability is going to be like in NA for them.
I miss my Foxconn boards,

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 1, 2011, 04:44 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Wowza SATA ports galore!
Old November 1, 2011, 05:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

wait wait wait? 14 SATA and are that 3 bios chip? lol :P

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old November 1, 2011, 06:20 PM

Probably using the -d or -t variant of the x79 chip (thats 10 ports) plus two JM / Marvel/ etc dual port controllers.

MY question is if freakin FOXCON can do this where the hell is my Asus, GB, EVGA, etc mobo with similar capabilities? Why are they all using the entry level -A or basic level -b version of the x79. Not like they are only putting out entry level boards at entry level prices :/

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old November 1, 2011, 07:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Probably using the -d or -t variant of the x79 chip (thats 10 ports) plus two JM / Marvel/ etc dual port controllers.

MY question is if freakin FOXCON can do this where the hell is my Asus, GB, EVGA, etc mobo with similar capabilities? Why are they all using the entry level -A or basic level -b version of the x79. Not like they are only putting out entry level boards at entry level prices :/
Cause its Asus ... they don't make product with the consumers in mind, they make it only if there is a major profit for it, ergo why you don't see it from them atm.

Its a shame DFI went down the crapper cause of a bad run of componets/boards ... they at least made product for the consumer.
Old November 1, 2011, 07:14 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Umm, they say its quad channel but I only see the regular dual channel setup on the board. Am I missing something here? I thought you had to put RAM in by pairs for the most part.
Old November 1, 2011, 07:17 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVickery View Post
Umm, they say its quad channel but I only see the regular dual channel setup on the board. Am I missing something here? I thought you had to put RAM in by pairs for the most part.
All 4 slots filled = Quad Channel.

@Terry - Its not just ASUS its all of them, its just the way they want to do it for whatever reason. All of the Manu's can do it if they want, no idea why they dont.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 1, 2011, 07:35 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
All 4 slots filled = Quad Channel.

-ST
Thanks for the clarification ST.
Old November 1, 2011, 08:24 PM

Comes down to how many ppl need that many sata ports akg. You are not exactly a typical user :) 6 is plenty for me