Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 1, 2011, 08:40 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Probably using the -d or -t variant of the x79 chip (thats 10 ports) plus two JM / Marvel/ etc dual port controllers.

MY question is if freakin FOXCON can do this where the hell is my Asus, GB, EVGA, etc mobo with similar capabilities? Why are they all using the entry level -A or basic level -b version of the x79. Not like they are only putting out entry level boards at entry level prices :/
Can you explain or link me to some information about these different types of X79? Is that the reason why all the X79 boards shown no longer have the dedicated x4 PCIe lanes for storage bandwidth?
Old November 1, 2011, 09:17 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Will Foxconn have support for this board?
I gave up on Foxconn, could not find any updates for the bios or web page with a working link (Quantum force) with my x48 board.

It pays to wait and see what board turn out to be good one to get.
Old November 2, 2011, 05:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
Comes down to how many ppl need that many sata ports akg. You are not exactly a typical user :) 6 is plenty for me
and 2 is plenty for me