Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 4, 2011, 04:01 PM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default Cooler Master Announces Silent Pro Hybrid Power Supply Series

Cooler Master, an industry leading chassis, thermal solution, peripheral, and accessory manufacturer, is proud to announce a world’s first in power supply technologies, the Silent Pro Hybrid Series. Equipped with fully modular cables, centralized control of power supply and system fans, a noise-free operation mode, and an included 5.25” drive bay fan controller module, the Silent Pro Hybrid Series becomes the industry benchmark to aspire to.

Read more here: Cooler Master Announces Silent Pro Hybrid Power Supply Series | Hardware Canucks

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Old October 4, 2011, 04:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

PSU with a fan controller for itself? Why not just make a good and silent PSU instead of leting people forget to turn it up a bit and boil the caps? Good idea, bad application. For the rest, I am curious to see the OEM behind that.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old October 4, 2011, 08:50 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
PSU with a fan controller for itself? Why not just make a good and silent PSU instead of leting people forget to turn it up a bit and boil the caps? Good idea, bad application. For the rest, I am curious to see the OEM behind that.

I hope they are using the Enhance platforms they got as of late. Though they are not the best ones (cheaper GX series) they are better than the Seventeam ones of past.

CM really still has a long way to come before they earn any type of real credit in the PSU circles.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 4, 2011, 08:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I hope they are using the Enhance platforms they got as of late. Though they are not the best ones (cheaper GX series) they are better than the Seventeam ones of past.

CM really still has a long way to come before they earn any type of real credit in the PSU circles.

-ST
Judging by the internal pics given by CM, they are an Enhance platform. Might be the same as the Silverstone Strider Gold series.
Old October 4, 2011, 09:13 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
Judging by the internal pics given by CM, they are an Enhance platform. Might be the same as the Silverstone Strider Gold series.
Yeah they do look very similar, I just always like to have someone actually get inside to see.
Silverstones OEM's for the high end stuff are very good. I have 2 that have done flawlessly running for 2 years now.
If thats the case, CM might be on to something.

Would be nice for the 100% verification though,

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 4, 2011, 10:05 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Arrow Silent Pro Hybrid OEM

Quote:
Enhance Electronics.

Source: COOLER MASTER - PSU Review Database

Edit: Review for the 1050W version: Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1050W
Old October 5, 2011, 03:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That's a veru good news for that PSU. Glad CM chose that way :)

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old October 5, 2011, 12:20 PM
Cooler Master USA

My System Specs

Quote:

The Silent Pro Hybrid has built-in safeguards that prevent overheating (even when a user turns the fan off). The PSU fan will remain off until the temperature goes above 50C or the load goes above 200W.

CM Blog, CM Forums, CMHD.tv, CMUSA Questions? -
CM FAQ, Live Support
Old October 5, 2011, 01:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Direct Fan Control
With a power supply integrated 7V fan power port and included 5.25” drive bay fan controller module, the Silent Pro Hybrid Series removes the middleman by taking an unnecessary load off of the motherboard. This direct connection between power supply and fan controller provides the user with immediate on-the-fly control over the 135mm Super Silent Hydraulic Bearings power supply fan and up to 3 other system fans. The power and system fan speeds are adjusted independently via two dials. Users may determine the level of control they would like to wield by switching between automatic and manual modes for the power supply fan.
I thought that the fan controler where for the PC fans so that it doesn't load up the motherboard, or am I wrong?
Old October 5, 2011, 01:32 PM
Cooler Master USA

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
I thought that the fan controler where for the PC fans so that it doesn't load up the motherboard, or am I wrong?
It controls both the 3 system fans and the power supply fan itself.

CM Blog, CM Forums, CMHD.tv, CMUSA Questions? -
CM FAQ, Live Support