Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Press Releases & Tech News (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/)
-   -   Corsair Issues Warning of Possible H100 Fan Controller Issues (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/46892-corsair-issues-warning-possible-h100-fan-controller-issues.html)

SKYMTL September 30, 2011 04:19 PM

Corsair Issues Warning of Possible H100 Fan Controller Issues

Over the last 24 hours, we have been hearing that Corsairís high-end Hydro Series H100 high performance liquid CPU cooler has been temporarily removed from some retailersí shelves. Are these the first signs of a general recall?

Read more here: Corsair Issues Warning of Possible H100 Fan Controller Issues | Hardware Canucks

BlueByte September 30, 2011 04:58 PM

Mine is from batch 11289403 seems to be working fine. just in case other batches are found to be affected.

Lamb September 30, 2011 05:06 PM

I don't use the fan controller, how should I know...not like I will care if that's the only issue anyway...

keto September 30, 2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 553687)
Over the last 24 hours, we have been hearing that Corsairís high-end Hydro Series H100 high performance liquid CPU cooler has been temporarily removed from some retailersí shelves. Are these the first signs of a general recall?

Read more here: Corsair Issues Warning of Possible H100 Fan Controller Issues | Hardware Canucks

Don't read your own forums? :rofl: I posted about the recall yesterday about 5pm MDT, in water cooling section.:bleh:

OK, I'll play nice. It's not a 'general recall', just a specific batch.

Soultribunal September 30, 2011 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keto (Post 553795)
Don't read your own forums? :rofl: I posted about the recall yesterday about 5pm MDT, in water cooling section.:bleh:

In his defence, SKYMTL likes to actually talk to the Manufacturer first before making his own post and such. :thumb:

-ST

SKYMTL October 1, 2011 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keto (Post 553795)

From the article:

When we start fielding emails and forum messages about Corsairís H100 mysteriously disappearing from store shelves,

Eluder October 1, 2011 08:08 AM

I have a different batch as well, but I swear my fan controller never changes the speeds of the GT AP-15's I have connected to the H100.
I contacted Corsair to see what they say.

martin_metal_88 October 1, 2011 12:09 PM

Pretty great from corsair to do that. Many brand would only do their RMA and keep it silent instead of saying we might make one because it seems to be a problem. Good job!

Eluder October 1, 2011 04:03 PM

No surprise on that one to be honest. Although from my experience with Corsair, they often have issues with their early batches (I have a 650D and H100, both purchased as soon as they were out) their customer service is absolutely stellar.
Every issue I had with their products was more than politely handled and rectified. I just wish they would take a little more time with their QC so we wouldn't have to deal with getting stuff replaced, but at least they are very friendly and do actually help.