Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 26, 2011, 03:18 PM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default EA Posts Recommended System Specs for Battlefield 3

EA has posted the recommended system specs for Battlefield 3 over on the beta website:
PROCESSOR: QUAD-CORE CPU
MEMORY: 4 GB
HARD DRIVE: 20 GB
GRAPHICS CARD: DIRECTX 11 COMPATIBLE WITH 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 OR ATI RADEON 6950)
SOUND CARD: DIRECTX COMPATIBLE
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
DVD ROM DRIVE

Iím looking forward to playing it at the GeForce LAN next month. Hardware Canucks will have full coverage of the event.

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Old September 26, 2011, 03:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This is why some people stick with console gaming instead of PC gaming. The PS3 has been out for how many years now? All games run on it just fine and have pretty much the same graphic quality as their PC counterparts. Maybe I'll ditch PC gaming and live solely off my PS3. Not like I game much anymore
Old September 26, 2011, 03:53 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
All games run on it just fine and have pretty much the same graphic quality as their PC counterparts
Haha really??!! You wish!
I've had a PS3 for 2 years, and literally EVERY game I've played on both the PC and PS3, there's almost nothing to compare. From graphics and yes, gameplay smoothness point of view.
Old September 26, 2011, 03:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

yeah, those are some pretty intense specs. Just hope that Skyrim isnt that demanding. But 20GBs... these games are getting obscenely big, my ISP really hates me already.

Though in all honesty the only thing I'm actually lacking from those is the current gen graphics card, I'm still slumming it on a 4890 which is serving me well
Old September 26, 2011, 03:59 PM
Top Prospect

The quality of the PS3 is nothing like that of a high, or even mid range PC. Although, if you do not game a lot, then consoles are a better option. Still, the PC has:

- Above 720p, for most gamers
- Above 30 fps (cap of many console games)
- More flexibility
- Better pricing for games (Most are $50 rather than $60, there are exceptions though)
- STEAM SALES - When was the last time you could get a 6 month old game for $5 new for a console!
Old September 26, 2011, 04:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
This is why some people stick with console gaming instead of PC gaming. The PS3 has been out for how many years now? All games run on it just fine and have pretty much the same graphic quality as their PC counterparts. Maybe I'll ditch PC gaming and live solely off my PS3. Not like I game much anymore

Descaled down graphics, a tri core cpu & a nvidia geforce 7950GT gpu of a ps3's somehow the SAME graphics quality as there pc counterpart .......

Well thank you for giving me my laugh for the day ...
Old September 26, 2011, 04:34 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Play against a PC player in multi player and I'm sure you'll be saying the same thing. Oh wait, 99% of the games out there don't allow that due to the PC's control scheme granting a massive advantage. Whoops...
Old September 26, 2011, 04:52 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

At least it will put my 460GTX in SLI in use. because not much game make it crawl.. maybe 1..
Old September 26, 2011, 05:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't know about you guys, but I sit at least 3 metres away from the TV when I play on my PS3. Can't really tell the difference between PC and PS3 graphic quality.
Old September 26, 2011, 05:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Uhh, these are the "recommended" specs.... not the minimum specs.

It'll run on your machine just fine, just won't have all the eye candy. And it'll still look better than PS3 or XBOX360