Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 27, 2011, 07:07 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
I don't know about you guys, but I sit at least 3 metres away from the TV when I play on my PS3. Can't really tell the difference between PC and PS3 graphic quality.
Really? See your nearest optometrist.

Game consoles are not capable of outputting the graphics quality which even a mid-range PC can. Consoles may be fine for the masses but anyone wishing to experience a better gameplay cannot do so with a console.
Main: Intel 2600K @ 4.8GHz | Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 | 16GB Corsair DDR3-2000 | 2 x 240GB Corsair Force 3 in RAID1 | 2 x 4TB Hitachi 7K4000 | 3 x 2TB WD Caviar Black | Antec 1200 | Seasonic XP-860 Platinum | 2GB GTX 670 | 2 x 27" Asus VE278Q | Asus Essence ST | Win7 Pro 64-bit
Old September 27, 2011, 07:42 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Well....to be honest, developers have squeezed an amazing amount of graphics out of the current consoles. Even now, I struggle to find a PC game that can match the graphics quality in Killzone 3.

There is a big difference between PC and console developers though: PC devs can be lazy since they have huge hardware specs to play with. Console devs on the other hand have to squeeze everything they can out of limited hardware. That's why console games can look so good these days.
Old September 27, 2011, 07:49 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Well....to be honest, developers have squeezed an amazing amount of graphics out of the current consoles. Even now, I struggle to find a PC game that can match the graphics quality in Killzone 3.

There is a big difference between PC and console developers though: PC devs can be lazy since they have huge hardware specs to play with. Console devs on the other hand have to squeeze everything they can out of limited hardware. That's why console games can look so good these days.
Not to mention that most of these games are only 480p and up coverted to 1080p rather then natively done at 1080p, which requires a lot more horsepower as well. I believe there are only a hand full of native 720p games, which again are up converted to 1080p and claimed to be as such.
Old September 27, 2011, 07:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Not to mention that most of these games are only 480p and up coverted to 1080p rather then natively done at 1080p, which requires a lot more horsepower as well. I believe there are only a hand full of native 720p games, which again are up converted to 1080p and claimed to be as such.
isn't it amazing what well done and programmed correctly anti-aliasing can do to converts?

I'm not blasting consoles, but it is true. The massive quantity of differing hardware actually limits the PC gaming experience.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old September 27, 2011, 08:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oversized Rooster View Post
Really? See your nearest optometrist.

Game consoles are not capable of outputting the graphics quality which even a mid-range PC can. Consoles may be fine for the masses but anyone wishing to experience a better gameplay cannot do so with a console.
My optometrist says my eyes are perfect. Thanks for caring ^^

Maybe I'm just not as picky as you guys. I don't need my computer to crank everything at max or near max.