Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 20, 2008, 10:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Do you think Blu-Ray will ever catch on as strong as DVD when it first came out. I say 3 years from now there will be a new format.
Old February 20, 2008, 10:40 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I don't think it will for the same reason MS didn't choose sides in the HD format war. They wanted time to get their video download service off the ground. That's where I think the future is, in downloads.
Old February 24, 2008, 12:00 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleF View Post
I don't think it will for the same reason MS didn't choose sides in the HD format war. They wanted time to get their video download service off the ground. That's where I think the future is, in downloads.
Agreed, though I hope it's here sooner rather then later. I'm sick of discs and the super loud drives that read them. Thank god for daemon tools.
James
Old February 25, 2008, 02:56 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTX View Post
Do you think Blu-Ray will ever catch on as strong as DVD when it first came out. I say 3 years from now there will be a new format.
Probably won't catch on very fast. A lot of people are still satisfied with DVD. And yes, it is likely that there will be a new format fairly soon so people can spend more $$$ on stuff they don't need.