Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 21, 2011, 02:58 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Samsung strikes back.... Possibly no iPhone 5 in Europe..

http://www.fudzilla.com/mobiles/item...egal-in-europe

REALLY curious to see how this pans out in court. Would be quite the blow to the fruitmaker.
Old September 21, 2011, 03:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I would cry tears of joy if this happened. I feel Apple has a very dishonest business model that consists of more lawyers and marketing executives than engineers and good products at a good price.
Old September 21, 2011, 03:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It would be suitable showing of karma if that happened.
Old September 21, 2011, 06:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I just wish all the ridiculous ban/patent/whining would go away, so that products can just compete head to head and let consumers decide what products they want. So much wasted time and money on all this could be much better spent on developing a better product or cutting costs on products being offered to the end customer. I understand the reason behind patents etc (and believe in them), but things have gone WAY too far.

That said, things have already gone too far and a blow to apple isn't the worst thing that could happen.
Desktop: Antec Three Hundred, Z77-D3H, 3570K undervolt @4.1ghz with Zalman Optima Cooler, Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb@1866mhz, HD 6950(unlocked shaders and OC'd), Bitfenix Fury 750w, WD Black 1TB, Intel 530 120GB
Away from home light Gamer: Acer Aspire 15.6", A8-3500m undervolt and OC to 2Ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Crucial M500 240gb
Old September 21, 2011, 07:10 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
I just wish all the ridiculous ban/patent/whining would go away, so that products can just compete head to head and let consumers decide what products they want. So much wasted time and money on all this could be much better spent on developing a better product or cutting costs on products being offered to the end customer. I understand the reason behind patents etc (and believe in them), but things have gone WAY too far.

That said, things have already gone too far and a blow to apple isn't the worst thing that could happen.
And ultimately... the customer is paying those stupid lawyer fees by paying more for the damn product.
Old September 22, 2011, 04:51 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I think Apple does a great job designing things, and their quality seems to be quite good too.
But they do even a better job brainwashing people, and are just as evil as any other large tech company. I also think you overpay for their products.

I would like for them to get a taste of their own litigious medicine too!
Fold for team #54196