Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 6, 2011, 09:09 AM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default What Did Intel Do Over The Long Weekend? Release New Chips.

Intel spent the long weekend hard at work, releasing 16 new 32nm processors: 11 for the desktop LGA1155 architecture as well as 5 mobile chips.

Read more here:What Did Intel Do Over The Long Weekend? Release New Chips. | Hardware Canucks

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks
Old September 6, 2011, 09:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ugh. so why does intel need hundreds of CPUs each generation?
Old September 6, 2011, 09:31 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Better question, who in this day and age is going to want a single core processor? Most smart phones would have more processing power then the "new" desktop processor.
Old September 6, 2011, 09:39 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

i5 2320 is interesting but is the multi locked? Looks like a 3Ghz i5-2500. Pointless if you cant oc though
Old September 6, 2011, 09:57 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Better question, who in this day and age is going to want a single core processor? Most smart phones would have more processing power then the "new" desktop processor.
My guess is a lot of those odd ones are not meant for us the enthusiast consumer niche. Its for system builders like Dell and the likes. Make a big deal of having a i3 rig "on sale"...with the fine print stating its a single core...and then UPSELL the customers via heavy handed sales reps.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old September 6, 2011, 10:37 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I would not be surprised if the Celeron wouldn't be able to do even 420p hd playback where the Pentiums struggle at 720p
Old September 6, 2011, 10:39 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I sell a lot of Celeron/Pentium based laptops to people because they want something cheap and basic.
Old September 6, 2011, 11:53 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Thats because those cheaper cpus are good enough for what they want to do. The average user doesn't need or want a chip he can push to 4 Ghz plus on air cooling. Hell, until I started doing some research on parts recently I was one of those types of people.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old September 6, 2011, 12:04 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

The new low end processors are absolutely perfect for embedded point of sale and security systems.