Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 25, 2011, 12:24 AM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO

Steve Jobs – technology industrialist and one of the “pirates” of Silicon Valley – resigned Wednesday as CEO of Apple citing health concerns.

Read more here: Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO | Hardware Canucks

Check back Thursday afternoon for Hardware Canucks’ analysis of the legacy Steve Jobs leaves behind, and what it has done to the PC world.

Old August 25, 2011, 06:19 AM
Allstar

Unhappy

I don't know what it is but I feel sad. I've never been an apple fan but did buy the iphone, ipad ( for the wife ) and the kids have ipods as well. Never owned a Mac nor do I have any intention of buying one but I really respect the man on so many levels. I suppose it's his incredible stature of change that he and his team have accomplished. I have an incredible amount of respect for him and it just saddens me that he has to step down do to illness. They're will never be another Steve in my lifetime, he's the Henry Ford of our generation.

All the best Steve.

CHEERS
Old August 25, 2011, 08:26 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

As much as I an annoyed by some of the Apple crap and their fanboiz I feel like this is a huge loss as well. He was great at his job, and it really is unfortunate that it is for health reasons he had to step down. You just have to hope now that he can focus on getting better....he does not look too good in the pics I have seen.
Fold for team #54196