Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 13, 2011, 02:46 AM
MVP

Default Microsoft begging users to leave XP

microsoft always makes me chuckle, here's the article! They even made a one hour long video to promote the migration off XP!
Old July 13, 2011, 03:33 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

It's about time people start dumping it. My work decided to give me a new PC when I started ... It had XP. Needless to say I bring my laptop to work everyday. It's more powerful any ways.
Old July 13, 2011, 04:03 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Press Release & Tech News

It doesn't surprise me. A lot of the new features of 7 will prove 2 b worth the switch in imho. That said, I recently switched my last XP pc 2 7. Compared 2 Vista, I much prefer Win7, and enjoyed using

XP.

It surprises me 2 c some businesses still using Win 2000. When asked, they're comfortable with it. When shown the benefits of switching 2 improve productivity, many still refuse! That baffles me. Now

switching 2 Win8 makes sense. Has anyone had a chance 2 play with a beta version?

Old July 13, 2011, 05:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfanatic View Post
It doesn't surprise me. A lot of the new features of 7 will prove 2 b worth the switch in imho. That said, I recently switched my last XP pc 2 7. Compared 2 Vista, I much prefer Win7, and enjoyed using

XP.

It surprises me 2 c some businesses still using Win 2000. When asked, they're comfortable with it. When shown the benefits of switching 2 improve productivity, many still refuse! That baffles me. Now

switching 2 Win8 makes sense. Has anyone had a chance 2 play with a beta version?

There is still a big area out there that Windows XP is needed or warranted.

Top that off with a bunch of small businesses or people who just can't justify or feel the need to upgrade.

Lots of people just use their computer to check email and surf the web and for that you don't need a honkin new machine with Windows 7.

And the Windows 8 betas aren't nothing to write home about.. so far they are just a slightly redesigned Windows 7
Old July 13, 2011, 05:54 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

If they want a quick migration, how about lowering the price of their damn operating system?
Old July 13, 2011, 06:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Lets go back to DOS
Old July 13, 2011, 09:01 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I still love XP, I got all my programs I use in my daily life and never really upgrade or use new stuff. My main uses are probably notepad for keeping lists of stuff and I just find the icon for a notepad in vista/7 to be huge and a waste of space to be honest and I'm just comfy with XP. I've never really run into any app or game that doesn't work and to me it just works good. For games I'll usually more often then not see comments like "Does anyone know how to get this running on win 7 64 bit" but I always have a good time on xp :)
Old July 13, 2011, 09:31 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
If they want a quick migration, how about lowering the price of their damn operating system?

Spoken for the truth that it is.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old July 13, 2011, 12:37 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Um no. I'd like 7 but see no real reason to "upgrade". I don't give a about IE9 anyway, Chrome is the superior browser. Businesses maybe but leave us out of this guys.
Also completely agreeing with Sky....
Old July 13, 2011, 01:30 PM
Banned
F@H

plus if you have stuff coded to work with xp's libraries the hell yorue going with 7 :D