Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 11, 2011, 07:41 AM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default Fractal Design ARC Midi Now Available

The new Fractal Design Arc Series of cases create a niche of their own; a combination of stellar performance and cooling options with stylish, minimalistic looks and an overall understated elegance. This new Arc Series Midi Tower format offers plenty of cooling options, up to 8 fans of various sizes can be installed. Unique for its small size, ... [ Read full article ]
Old July 11, 2011, 07:58 AM
MVP

Looking closeley at that picture, you would never be able to fit a DVD drive next to the radiator. I wish companies would put a full build in a PC, all wired up so I can see what it looks like.
Old July 11, 2011, 08:39 AM
Banned
F@H

how about shorter drives? newer ones are,well not half,but close to that of older drives.
Old July 11, 2011, 09:56 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

My System Specs

Looks like you might have to install extension cables for the power and data cables to the drive outside the case and then push them through the front of the case; that would probably work for SATA opticals anyways.
Old July 11, 2011, 10:01 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

The GFX card PCIE power connections aren't hooked up, nor are the watercooling to the waterblock. Good luck booting this thing up!
Old July 11, 2011, 12:24 PM
MVP

My System Specs

This is one of those cases, where "this is what Antec 300 should've been" - though everyone is a general after the battle is over.

My only question is whether this USB 3.0 has the proper mobo header or is this another USB feed-through-the-back design?
Old July 11, 2011, 06:43 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I like the aircooling options for this.
Fractal seems to be fairly solid in the case dept. Though their PSU's need to go through a ringer before I'd buy them.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old July 11, 2011, 09:45 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I've been wanting to order a Arc, or Arc Mini for a while now but NCIX doesn't carry them, this looks like a nice addition to the Arc series hopefully NCIX will carry this one!
Old July 12, 2011, 01:18 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyMellon View Post
This is one of those cases, where "this is what Antec 300 should've been" - though everyone is a general after the battle is over.
Fractal's appealing designs stem from the fact that the cases are designed and engineered in Sweden, by Swedes. Antec cases have a totally different soul to them. Antec trying to design a Fractal-like case would be like Chevy trying to design a Saab.