Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 5, 2011, 09:45 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llew View Post
They certainly are a leading brand. Maybe not the most popular around here, but I can see the appeal that case might have for some. Now, that being said, I understand why there is so much venom aimed at TT. They have not innovated in years and are struggling to find a way to make themselves fit in todays market. However, even with all their floundering about they do come up with some good models. The V3 is an excellent budget case and the Element G is a solid enthusiast offering. I look forward to getting this in shop and taking a look at it myself before I make any judgment.
There is a lot of Venom for a few Reasons.
But my post above boils it down to consistency with products.

TT has bad marketing skills to boot, they make great claims on a lot of products that fail to deliver. They need to take a step back and market it like a lot of other companies do, make a good product and then the 'net will help sell it. VS, call their product great and have the 'net tear it apart and prove otherwise.

Case and point on a few things:

Toughpower Grand 750 - Great Unit, even passed the Jonnyguru test
Toughpower Grand 1250 - Crap in comparision....

You can't have things that way, take a page from Corsair...or Antec.

Their Frio Was actually something that lived up to its Hype...the SpinQ and others sucked.

Their Cases have been improved over the years, but it will take a lot of revamping to help clear the hate many people feel.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old July 5, 2011, 11:01 AM
Rookie

My previous comment was about their cases, not PSUs, Coolers, marketing team and everything else they do. I know there are problems there as well. I was just sticking to the products in the same category as those reviewed.

I think that what TT really needs is to get some focus group testing done on their cases like CM does. It would result in a better final product and less dud cases. I have actually shared this opinion in the past with TT and its something they told me they were considering. I sent a link to this review (specifically these comments) to the reps I know at TT in hopes that someone there reads this and learns something.

Last edited by Llew; July 5, 2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old July 5, 2011, 07:24 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llew View Post
My previous comment was about their cases, not PSUs, Coolers, marketing team and everything else they do. I know there are problems there as well. I was just sticking to the products in the same category as those reviewed.

I think that what TT really needs is to get some focus group testing done on their cases like CM does. It would result in a better final product and less dud cases. I have actually shared this opinion in the past with TT and its something they told me they were considering. I sent a link to this review (specifically these comments) to the reps I know at TT in hopes that someone there reads this and learns something.
I would love for them to contact me on this one. Would be interesting to talk to them (not that I pretend to know everything , but like CM Storm forums and such it would probably help them).

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old July 6, 2011, 06:26 AM
Rookie

Well ST, they tell me that they will pass this link and another I sent them on to headquarters. So we can hope things improve in the near future. Time will tell.