Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 30, 2011, 08:28 AM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default Corsair Announces Shipment of Force Series GT Solid-State Drives

Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the first shipments of the Force Series? GT line of solid-state drives.

The new Force Series GT is designed for enthusiasts who demand the fastest performance available. It uses the new SandForce SF-2280 SSD Processor, with... [ Read full article ]
Old June 30, 2011, 09:05 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

About time we got a SEXY looking SF gen 2 drive! No "boring black" is a good thing.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 30, 2011, 09:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

AkG fancy's taste

Would be nice to see a budget SSD from corsair. They have some that are pretty cheap but I would like to see some drive like the Kingston V100 that are always around 80$ for 64GB. The point is that Corsair have a very nice CS.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old June 30, 2011, 09:47 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
About time we got a SEXY looking SF gen 2 drive! No "boring black" is a good thing.
I personally want one to be a nice bright neon pink. Would be hilarious.
Old June 30, 2011, 03:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, they took too long for the GT to come out so I ended up getting just a regular Force 3. I wonder what if any real difference there will be between the two?

Old June 30, 2011, 03:42 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
Well, they took too long for the GT to come out so I ended up getting just a regular Force 3. I wonder what if any real difference there will be between the two?
Synchronous vs Asynchronous NAND.

Vertex 3 and Force GT (and others) use the faster ONFi 2.x spec DDR NAND (ie synchronous nand with 200MB/s interface).

Agility 3 and Force 3 use the older ONFi 1.0 spec SDR NAND (ie asynchronous NAND with 50MB/s interface).

In all likelihood the controller will cover this shortcoming to a great extent (8 channels x 50mb/s PLUS decompression of data for even higher seq reads). The Force 3 is a VERY good drive....just that the Corsair Force GT is their high end model. How much higher end...that is what testing is for, but I think its going to be KILLER good ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebusman View Post
I personally want one to be a nice bright neon pink. Would be hilarious.
Actually...I would LOVE to see one in Mustang Yellow with black racing stripes (as it IS a muscle car of its niche). Pink just doesnt work for me.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr

Last edited by AkG; June 30, 2011 at 08:43 PM.