Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 23, 2011, 07:55 PM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default Details get Murky in AMD-Bapco-SYSmark Case

Earlier this week AMD announced that they were withdrawing their endorsement for the SYSmark benchmark and withdrawing from the Business Applications Performance Corporation, which publishes SYSmark.

AMD said that the rationale behind their withdrawal was that SYSmark no longer provides accurate performance measurements because it does not take i... [ Read full article ]
Old June 23, 2011, 08:21 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I would be interested in seeing what Nvidia and VIA have to say about their leaving of the group. Although it does certainly sound like AMD feels like the benchmarking suite is Intel biased.
Old June 24, 2011, 05:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Reynolds View Post
Perhaps these manufactures were unimpressed with their benchmark results, and cried foul claiming a bias towards Intel?

Is there any source for this particular statement, like preliminary benchmarks, or is it purely opinion? I would prefer not to see unsupported comments such as this appear on HWC's feeds. There are enough "news reports" that clearly state or imply the opinion of the reporter on different media that I don't want to see items like this pop up among the carefully-written hardware reviews that I love HWC so much for.
Old June 24, 2011, 07:22 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontier204 View Post

Is there any source for this particular statement, like preliminary benchmarks, or is it purely opinion? I would prefer not to see unsupported comments such as this appear on HWC's feeds. There are enough "news reports" that clearly state or imply the opinion of the reporter on different media that I don't want to see items like this pop up among the carefully-written hardware reviews that I love HWC so much for.
+1
agreed
Old June 25, 2011, 10:25 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontier204 View Post

That's what the word "perhaps" is there for. If you read the "carefully-written" (with often misspelled words and grammar errors) reviews, there is the writers opinion and random thoughts involved also.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old June 27, 2011, 02:49 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

An interesting take on this situation:

AMD vs. BAPCo: The Truth About Benchmarks - Forward Thinking by Michael J. Miller