Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 20, 2011, 01:36 PM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default AMD Shares Details About Next-Gen APUs at Dev Conference

AMD plotted their vision for the future of APUs at the first Fusion Developer Conference in Bellevue, Washington that wrapped up Friday.

At the conference AMD?s Graphics CTO Eric Demers described how the company plans to evolve the GPU and have it break free from the ?shackles of fixed-function designs? by heavily integrating future general-purpo... [ Read full article ]
Old June 20, 2011, 05:10 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Don't know whether it's just me, but...

By the looks of things recently, AMD talks loudly everyday about their new inventions, revolutionary products talks talks & talks, while Intel sits working quietly and progressing on and on. Just as a point of view Intel has already released it's 2nd generation 32nm cpu's while AMD still doesn't have any (on sale at least). Same with AMD vs nVidia. Long & loud talks about the cayman gpu's while nvidia surprised everyone sticking the 580 and a bit later the 570 in everyone's face..
Such a shame, for mr it's sad that there's no proper competition in the cpu market.. :(
I know maybe I sound harsh, but hey it's an opinion not a fanboysm in any way. :)
Just being honest.
Old June 21, 2011, 07:17 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT7R View Post
By the looks of things recently, AMD talks loudly everyday about their new inventions, revolutionary products talks talks & talks, while Intel sits working quietly and progressing on and on. Just as a point of view Intel has already released it's 2nd generation 32nm cpu's while AMD still doesn't have any (on sale at least). Same with AMD vs nVidia. Long & loud talks about the cayman gpu's while nvidia surprised everyone sticking the 580 and a bit later the 570 in everyone's face..
Such a shame, for mr it's sad that there's no proper competition in the cpu market.. :(
I know maybe I sound harsh, but hey it's an opinion not a fanboysm in any way. :)
Just being honest.
Not trying to start a fanboy war either (in fact im pretty impartial to AMD/ATI v NVIDIA, i just buy the product I think offers the best value) but the 5 series was hardly a revolution and NVIDIA aren't exactly full of action.

AMD caught NVIDIA out with their 4 and 5 series, which both offered pretty substantial leaps in performance, to the extent that NVIDIA had to show a fake card at Computex to assure its customer base that they were in fact doing something. Not to mention that the initial release of Fermi in the 4 series was a pretty weak contender, the 5 series was just a revision of what should have been considering the extra dev time. Also the 580 isn't really that competitively priced for it to be a "surprise," I'd say that the 6950 with its unlocking capacity took that cake.

So for the moment if anybody has been full of inaction I would have to say it would be NVIDIA :S