Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 8, 2011, 03:30 PM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default PNY Debuts Liquid Cooled Graphics at E3

PNY Technologies, Inc. (?PNY?), a manufacturer of flash memory cards, USB flash drives, solid state drives, High Speed HDMI® cables, computer memory upgrade modules, as well as consumer and professional graphics cards, today announced the debut of an innovative product line of Liquid Cooled Graphics Cards. PNY?s new Liquid Cooled Graphics solut... [ Read full article ]
Old June 8, 2011, 04:00 PM
Banned
F@H

interesting..and lets see a review for it!

also,i only see the point of the gpu only solution. hook up an i7 or even a chiller cpu,and overall temps will skyrocket :)
Old June 8, 2011, 06:47 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Didn't BFG do something like this with the 200-Series cards???
Old June 8, 2011, 07:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
interesting..and lets see a review for it!

also,i only see the point of the gpu only solution. hook up an i7 or even a chiller cpu,and overall temps will skyrocket :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltron 3030 View Post
Didn't BFG do something like this with the 200-Series cards???
PNY is a pretty conservative company compared to BFG, I doubt they didn't test the CPU/GPU loop before announcing this. Keep in mind, that's a hybrid air/water GPU block. It's cooled by something like a single rad Coolit Omni on top of your standard GTX 580 stock dual slot air cooler.
Old June 8, 2011, 07:27 PM
Banned
F@H

so how much of the stock cooling did they cut?
if not much or none(reconfigured) then the addition of the watercooling should bring very nice
numbers. thus adding a cpu could actually make sense.
Old June 9, 2011, 04:30 AM
Unregistered

It seems like trying to run SLI with these would be a hassle finding two 120mm fan spots close enough to the GPU's. I wonder how long the pipes are and how flexible.
Old June 11, 2011, 04:20 AM
Allstar

having read this i was reminded of a product i saw awhile ago from coolit, a universal gpu liquid cooler that was to come out in 2010 sometime. did it ever come out??? I really like these closed loop systems these days, simple low upkeep. kind of figured this was a flop or they decided it would cost too much.
Old June 11, 2011, 04:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

so... its basically a kuler 620, with a gpu loop added.. temps will be terrible.
Old June 11, 2011, 08:26 PM
Rookie

They never manufactured any liquid cooled stuffs before. Hope they don't screw it up.