Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 7, 2011, 12:34 PM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default Corsair Issues Force 3 SSD Recall

Because of stability issues surrounding the recently released 120GB Force Series 3 SSD drives, Corsair has issued a recall. Consumers should visit http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=95825 for more information on how to return their drives.Corsair says that there is no single issue at fault, but they are confident that they have resolved t... [ Read full article ]
Old June 7, 2011, 01:13 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Least Corsair openly admit there is an issue and are will to fix it.
Not like OCZ and still waiting for a fix.
Old June 7, 2011, 05:03 PM
Banned

and to think I was thinkin of 1 of these over a ocz ... :/
Old June 7, 2011, 05:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That so gave me a little panic but then noticed that they said this is not affecting the drive I am waiting for the 240GB version.

Old June 7, 2011, 05:34 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

News post expanded with the official statement.
Old June 7, 2011, 07:50 PM
Allstar

Nice to see a company claim full responsibility, do a recall, and get the info out quickly. Kudos to them.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old June 7, 2011, 08:42 PM
Rookie

It seems like its best to wait abit before buying any new gen ssds.
Old June 8, 2011, 05:20 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Past a cache drive, I really can't see using an SSD in my gaming rig. I have a pair of built-in Toshibas in my Vaio Z and they cause me endless headaches.
Old June 8, 2011, 05:41 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Past a cache drive, I really can't see using an SSD in my gaming rig. I have a pair of built-in Toshibas in my Vaio Z and they cause me endless headaches.
Aside from faster loading times, there isn't that much of a performance benefit to having a dedicated SSD in games.

The only time an SSD would make a significant difference is that if you had such an extremely low amount of RAM that the game was constantly dumping and reloading assets.

And at that point (which would have to be an absolutely stupid low amount of ram), if you bought an SSD over more RAM, well you're doing it wrong.
Old June 8, 2011, 06:28 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrybear View Post
and to think I was thinkin of 1 of these over a ocz ... :/
Just curious, what makes you think they are worse? OCZ has had it's fair share of problems and the only difference is they have not openly admitted there was fault. In my opinion i'd much rather frequent a company that makes their mistakes visible and is willing to fix them and help the enthusiast market that supports them.

I actually stopped buying any OCZ products a couple years ago for that exact reason.