Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 1, 2011, 12:40 AM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default AMD's Press Conference Confirms Entry into Tablet Market, Llano to be Launched at a Later Date

AMD?s Senior Vice President, Rick Bergman, began the company?s press conference at Computex with a series of surprises: their Llano processor is not going to be launched at this expo, and AMD is getting into the tablet market. Llano is set to be AMD?s first APU targeted at mainstream audiences as well as their first 32nm chip. 32nm chips are small... [ Read full article ]
Old June 1, 2011, 05:31 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Damn. "At a later date" isn't good at all. I was really looking forward to this one....but that's not to say it won't launch at the AMD Fusion Developer Summit!

Last edited by SKYMTL; June 1, 2011 at 05:44 AM.
Old June 1, 2011, 09:26 AM
MVP

I'm very disappointed with the Llano "Later Date" development myself. I was planning on building a 2nd Mini-Box M350 based HTPC this June & possibly a new Linux workstation based on this chip. I'll be in Texas from mid June to Mid July so if it finally becomes available at that time I'll consider it but more delays will make me reconsider for sure.

With these delays, AMD better have some great performing products since Intel isn't sitting still.

Intel i7-2600K @ 4.8Ghz
Asus Sabertooth Z77
16GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z (1866MhZ CAS9)
NZXT Kraken X60 CPU Cooler
2x Sandisk Extreme 240GB SSD (RAID 0)
Seagate 7200.12 500gig HD
Galaxy GTX660Ti 3GB
LG DVDR
NZXT Phantom 630 Case
Antec TruPower New 750W Power Supply
Old June 1, 2011, 10:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Well im glad to hear no news on bulldozer, I'm guessing if they were gonna delay bulldozer they would've announced that as well. Mind you I havent really been keeping up so they could've announced and I missed it but I did try the forum search and there was nothing concrete.
Old June 1, 2011, 10:48 AM
F@H

My System Specs

There's a picture in another thread showing a slide from a Computex presentation that shows Bulldozer won't be released for another 60-90 days.

Here: Bulldozer delay officialy confirmed "late summer"
Old June 1, 2011, 10:52 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
There's a picture in another thread showing a slide from a Computex presentation that shows Bulldozer won't be released for another 60-90 days.

Here: Bulldozer delay officialy confirmed "late summer"
Yeah I just saw that... Makes me sad I would really rather buy AMD over Intel but I guess I'm going to have to buy SB if i can't get bulldozer by the end of the summer. Worst of all I'm not going to be able to check news for the next month at all. Damn mineral exploration work.