Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 31, 2011, 01:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge22 View Post
I have a Coolit ECO but it is not keeping my o/c i2600k that cool, I hit around 65C under heavy load. I have been debating changing over to a Noctua DH14, but these coolers also look nice.
Depending on what you are overclocked to I would say under full load 65 is perfectly acceptable. Even top end air coolers on a overclocked system can push those temps.
Old May 31, 2011, 01:27 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I have it o/c to 4.6Ghz in a HAF932 case with a MSi GTX 580
Old May 31, 2011, 01:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
You know its funny.. Coolit has always had a 2x120 setup but because nobody is familiar with their products nobody ever bought them.

They then team up with Corsair and everyone is like OOH shiny!!
I've had a domino & a ALC, was so so impressed with them ...

And fyi, availability of there 240 + cost made little to no peaple interested in the 240 coolit ones.

NOW there's more dual fan top exausted cases out there like the 690 + if I read right $109-119us msrp peaple WILL be interested in it.

The problem is as others have pointed out ... self sealed are not close enought to custom built wc setups preformance to warrent interest + cheaper large fanned heatsinks make it hard to want to look at 1.
Old May 31, 2011, 03:44 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge22 View Post
I have it o/c to 4.6Ghz in a HAF932 case with a MSi GTX 580
My point exactly! You have your system quite overclocked for that type of a cooler. And I bet if you put a high end cooler on it (air) you would see relatively close to the same temps
Old May 31, 2011, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down It's a Coolit ALC 240!!!

This new H1000 is just a Coolit ALC 240!!! Google it and see for yourself....Corsair are such SCAMERS!!!!
Old May 31, 2011, 07:43 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Umm...nope. CoolIT is now the OEM for Corsair yes (H60 was the first collaboration), BUT its more like this is based of the Eco II...not the original Eco. There are some minor differences. TBH, it would be like saying the Corsair H series PSU is nothing but a Seasonic rebadge...those scammers. /sarcasm

Hell an even better example is saying that Apple MB Pro laptops are nothing but Asus'...those scammers.

Its a very simplistic way of looking at things. Take off your blinders, look at the bigger picture. Corsair gets better coolers (compared to Asetek), CoolIT get a BIG contract and the customer gets Corsair Customer Service and warranty (a VERY big deal) AND all the benefits of CoolIT (ease of installation, performance etc). Its win win from a customers POV.

OEMing is part and parcel of the biz. Always has been....always will be.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old May 31, 2011, 08:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Frankly I could care less if it is just a CoolIT 240. Because to me it is a Cosair H100 and while internally it may be made by the same people and may be almost the same, it still has the Corsair touch such as customer service and warranty.

What will really matter to me is how well it can perform and yes I would like to see a comparison between this and the CoolIT 240, just to see if there is any difference.

Old June 1, 2011, 06:00 AM
Allstar

I would love the H100, but I would have to mount it externally on my case to get it to fit I think.... I am interested in the H80 and would be interested in any gpu mounted ones... my xfire setup would benefit from the extra breathing room. I have a H50 right now with Noctua fans in a push pull, works well but still gets warm under full load video encoding.
Old June 5, 2011, 07:04 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

It only includes two 120mm fans. Does anyone know if you are able to mount two more on the other side for push/pull?
Old June 5, 2011, 07:18 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommie986 View Post
It only includes two 120mm fans. Does anyone know if you are able to mount two more on the other side for push/pull?
I can't see why not. You will just have to pick up a couple extra screws from Ye Olde Hardware store first...as I doubt they include 16 screws.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr