Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 1, 2008, 02:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If only someone hacked it so DX10 would work in XP.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old February 1, 2008, 03:03 PM
Top Prospect

Supposedly some people have. Don't know whether it's true or not.
Old February 1, 2008, 03:34 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Nah, I've downloaded a bunch of "xp dx 10 hacks"...they're ALL bogus right now. Usually just some scumbag wanting to boost his rapidshare points number to get a free month. With 9 time out of 10 its just the latest dx9 patch so no harm no foul....that 10th time....luckily I run everything in a vmware sandbox ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old February 1, 2008, 05:29 PM
Top Prospect

Well really, why would you need DX10 on XP? Nothing right now needs it except 3DMark Vantage, so until some really good DX10 only games come out, or a game that's a lot better in DX10 than DX9...

Anyway I say if you want DX10 just get Vista. It's not that bad anymore.
Old February 1, 2008, 06:04 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

LOL never did like artificial boundaries. There is NO reason that DX10 can't be rolled up into XP via a "SP3", except MS greed. Plus if I ever want to run Windows ME 2.0 / Windows XP "turtle edition" I'll just wait for Server 2008...FTW ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old February 2, 2008, 07:14 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

XP and DX0 are old tech. There are plenty of old tech benchmarks for them. Vista and DX10 is new tech. It was time for a new benchmark for them. I fail to see why anyone is even remotely surprised since this is how Futuremark has made all their benchmarks.
Old February 2, 2008, 01:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well Vista isn't that big of an improvement to me. Just give me the vista skin for xp and then DX10. Well I already have vista home premium.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
Old February 2, 2008, 02:18 PM
Top Prospect

Default Minimum

Time to plan the next build, it state I have the minimum required to run it....minimum...wtf? lol
Old February 2, 2008, 07:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

love your avatar. Wheres the any key?
Well if your comp is the minimum then like 1.5% of the market will be able to run it.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
Old February 4, 2008, 12:43 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
LOL never did like artificial boundaries. There is NO reason that DX10 can't be rolled up into XP via a "SP3", except MS greed. Plus if I ever want to run Windows ME 2.0 / Windows XP "turtle edition" I'll just wait for Server 2008...FTW ;)
They did some major changes with the driver model in Vista, and to support DX10 on XP would take a lot of time and money (not that they don't have any money...). And as has been said, XP is getting pretty old anyway.