Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 9, 2011, 02:01 PM
News Editor

My System Specs

Default Gaining Tracktion: "Do Not Track" Bills, Consumer Privacy, and Web 2.0

Earlier this month American Senator John Rockefeller introduced a controversial bill which would force online advertising and tracking companies to allow users to opt-out of online advertising. This comes after California Representative Jackie Spears, and state Senator Alan Lowenthal successfully passed legislation within the California legi... [ Read full article ]
Old May 10, 2011, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

Default Clarification

The objections of Facebook and Google underlines what I have been saying for a long time now: They'd like to have us believe that the general public are their customers, but that is not the case. When you are getting something for free, you are not the customer. Their customers are advertisers, plain and simple, and we, dear public, are the product.
Old May 11, 2011, 07:46 AM
MVP

Personally I would rather have access to their services and let them remember what I type then not use the companies at all. Just think what Google would be without the income from targeted ads.