Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 5, 2011, 01:41 PM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

Default GIGABYTE Enters Long Term Partnership with LUCIDLOGIX

City of Industry, California, USA ? May 5th, 2011? GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co., Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, graphics cards and other computing hardware solutions today announced a new partnership with Lucidlogix, the makers of Virtu? GPU virtualization technology. The partnership ushers in broad adoption of Virtu? on future GIGABYTE 6 ... [ Read full article ]
Old May 5, 2011, 02:12 PM

My System Specs

Virtu sounds promising sorta. Other than that I haven't seen anything from Lucid that would really draw me in.
Old May 5, 2011, 04:15 PM
Banned
F@H

interesting!

do they have something in the pipe we dont know about? :)
Old May 5, 2011, 07:48 PM
MVP

My System Specs

This has a potential to possibly add good competition to XFire/PowerXpress and SLi/Optimus/Synergy, which in turn could reduce or potentially eliminate licencing charges by AMD and nVidia - a postive for the manufacturers and maybe the consumers as well.
Old May 6, 2011, 11:35 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Synergy is free and as such has no licensing fee. It's current implementation is better than Lucidlogix as well.

AMD has no desktop solution for PowerXpress however so those of us with AMD GPUs are stuck with only Virtu for the time being.

Old May 6, 2011, 01:13 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vittra View Post
Synergy is free and as such has no licensing fee. It's current implementation is better than Lucidlogix as well.

AMD has no desktop solution for PowerXpress however so those of us with AMD GPUs are stuck with only Virtu for the time being.
Good to know, thank you.