Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 26, 2011, 06:57 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
What's the price? I personally don't see any need on spending more than $150 to $200 on a motherboard. I cheaped out on motherboards before and it's slowly coming back to haunt me

Black... Looks so emo and goth lol
$560.
Old April 26, 2011, 07:32 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
What's the price? I personally don't see any need on spending more than $150 to $200 on a motherboard. I cheaped out on motherboards before and it's slowly coming back to haunt me

Black... Looks so emo and goth lol
Go buy it! NCIX.com - Buy ASUS Rampage III Black Edition EATX LGA1366 X58 DDR3 4PCI-E16 CrossFire SLI SATA3 USB3.0 Motherboard - ASUS - Rampage III Black Edition - in Canada
Old April 26, 2011, 08:12 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Arrow pfff ONLY 560 peso bahh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
$560.
I thought you were joking with that "$560"....
Old April 27, 2011, 05:46 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Reviews

Love the colour scheme, hate the price!

Ok folks. A noob question: is adding a nic better than using what came with the board if it's a ROG Formula III or high end EVGA or Gigabyte's higher end offering?
Old April 27, 2011, 06:25 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfanatic View Post
Love the colour scheme, hate the price!

Ok folks. A noob question: is adding a nic better than using what came with the board if it's a ROG Formula III or high end EVGA or Gigabyte's higher end offering?
Yeah, I think for the most part those that came with Marvell or Realtek Controllers , you are better off buying a Intel NIC and putting it on board.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 27, 2011, 06:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Personnaly, I dont get all theses expensive mobos coming out late in the 1366 Life cycle. They have to many chipset on hand ?

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old April 27, 2011, 08:35 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsta31 View Post
Personnaly, I dont get all theses expensive mobos coming out late in the 1366 Life cycle. They have to many chipset on hand ?
Intel just released some new 6-core chips for LGA1366. Fact is, it's still their "high-end" platform until the end of the year (or later) once LGA2011 comes out.

Have to try and keep people from going "cheap" with Sandybridge ;)
Old April 27, 2011, 09:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Yeah I suppose so, or compete with Dozer ? Still, with Gigabytes and Sapphire coming in, it looks like they have reduced pricing on chipset to get the inventory down.

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old April 27, 2011, 03:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

$560... I can build a computer or find some insane computer deal on RFD with $560.
Old April 28, 2011, 09:27 AM
Rookie

Hello All,
To clarify actually ROG has been phasing in the use of a higher quality and faster performing Intel Lan for some time now. We were really happy about implementing this on ROG and did so because of the consistent feedback we had from users and media and the DIY community as a whole. The use of Intel Lan was originally phased and implemented on the Rampage III Extreme and is also present on Rampage III Formula and Rampage III GENE. The Black Edition furthers the flexibility for Lan connectivity and performance by also offering Killer Nic ( but not removing Intel Lan ) unlike other competitors we feel both should be offered on a higher end platform to ensure whatever the interest or preference of the user is it is available. Of course that is only one of the elements to the Black Edition.
Hope this provides some clarification.
Please enjoy the rest of your day.
Best Regards,
JJ