Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 26, 2011, 11:17 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default OCZ Technology Announces Vertex 3 Max IOPS Solid State Drives

OCZ Technology Group, Inc., today unveiled a new addition to the highly-awarded Vertex 3 SATA III Series. The Vertex 3 Max IOPS edition drives extend the company's industry-leading Vertex 3 SSD product line to support users that require greater transactional throughput. "Following the successful launch of our Vertex 3 SATA III 6Gbps solid sta... [ Read full article ]
Old April 28, 2011, 09:24 AM
Unregistered

Default Interesting.

Interesting, might actually be faster than their original Vertex 2. Somehow, I doubt it though. The new SSD's are using the smaller geometry flash parts which are SLOWER than the older ones...
Old April 28, 2011, 09:33 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Sorry unreg but the V3s are a boat load faster than the V2s. So much faster that I have stopped buying first gen SF drives all together. ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old May 2, 2011, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Default ok

Is this your opinion? Or can you post actual benchmarks of V3's to back up your claim?
Old May 2, 2011, 02:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Knowing AkG probably from first hand experience.

I purchased a Vertex 3 standard and so far not impressed with its stuttering OOTB (LPM issues with P8P67 when not in Hot Plug mode), or its slow random reads... but anything sequential is BLAZING FAST compared to my X25-M G2.

More saddened by the fact they announce a Max IOPs version AFTER I purchase my standard edition. For my usage I'd sacrifice sequential for faster randoms.
Old May 2, 2011, 05:09 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Yes I can and will be...its called a Vertex 3 review. So its not a claim its a fact based upon over 50 hours of testing. ;)

Expect a review sometime in the near future.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old May 2, 2011, 07:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Interesting, might actually be faster than their original Vertex 2. Somehow, I doubt it though. The new SSD's are using the smaller geometry flash parts which are SLOWER than the older ones...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is this your opinion? Or can you post actual benchmarks of V3's to back up your claim?
Oh, the irony in these two posts. It makes me giggle.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old May 3, 2011, 06:42 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
Oh, the irony in these two posts. It makes me giggle.
+1

AkG, I currently own a 60GB VERTEX 2 will I see and substantial speed increase in day-to-day usage to warrant upgrading?

Last edited by p3t3rson; May 4, 2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old May 3, 2011, 07:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Looks like the Max IOPs versions are starting to show up... $300 for 120GB :S
Old May 4, 2011, 07:37 AM
Rookie

Is it worth upgrading from Crucial C300 256GB to a Vertex3 similar capacity?
My guess is that there would be little difference in day-to-day use, but I might be wrong.