Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 20, 2011, 11:27 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Seagate and Samsung Announce Broad Strategic Alignment

Seagate Technology and Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., have announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Seagate and Samsung will significantly expand and strengthen their strategic relationship by further aligning their respective ownership, investments and key technologies. Major elements of the agreement include:
... [ Read full article ]
Old April 29, 2011, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

Default Bad move Samsung = (

If I understand this correctly....One of the most unreliable manufacturers (Seagate) merging with one of the most reliable manufacturers (Samsung) yet instead of making Samsung drives (which are reliable) Samsung will put their name on one of the least reliable drive manufacturers products (Seagate). Its like Honda putting a GM engine in one of their cars and still selling it as Honda. The best part of Honda is their engines.. so well.. u get the point....... Very much a shame.

For another example.... the reason the Corsair SSD's are so good........ they are Samsung SSD's sold under the Corsair name. (a good thing)

Now... Flame away as I am sure there are plenty out there whom do not agree... Just my opinion.. Bad move Samsung = (