Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Press Releases & Tech News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 13, 2011, 05:09 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
What I say is that the next step for will be speaker set...you see me coming? I'm pretty sure their sale on the gaming case market is going down a bit and now they are heading the way of doing what have already been done. Antec have everything needed to come out with a new fantastic product that could make all of us wet but they are just not doing it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with them going into a new market, sure they are at first doing what others have done by using an OEM. But everyone does, they have an OEM for their PSU's (Delta) this is no different to me.
I would rather lots of players in the market with these things then stuck with just a few.

I understand what you are saying, but why spend $$$ in this marketplace when someone already has the engineering done.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 13, 2011, 06:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm not only talking about cooler. Antec could have scratch their head and found something that haven't been done or at least haven't been done few time last year. To me this cooler it's just, ho cool a new sticker on a unit we already saw ( on most of it ). I would just have guessed on a more exclusive unit or product line. Like a shitload of power product and accessory. Anyway...usually when we talk with you it's like talking to a wall so there is no point in going further.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old April 13, 2011, 06:26 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I'm not only talking about cooler. Antec could have scratch their head and found something that haven't been done or at least haven't been done few time last year. To me this cooler it's just, ho cool a new sticker on a unit we already saw ( on most of it ). I would just have guessed on a more exclusive unit or product line. Like a shitload of power product and accessory. Anyway...usually when we talk with you it's like talking to a wall so there is no point in going further.
Not true I understand what you are saying MM. I don't see how talking to me is like talking to a wall.

You are right, they put a new sticker on a H series, and it would have been nice to have something new and unique. I will never deny that.
Hopefully we will in the future, they just saved on engineering costs first time around.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old April 13, 2011, 06:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's like talking to a wall because every time a mod enter in a thread and DO NOT agree with someone it seems impossible for those mod to understand that opinion can be different. Usually it just get into a battle of wall of text where each one try to prove his point but I'm pissed of that so I just wont get into. Disagree with me if you want ( since we CAN have different opinion ) but those who are concern are gently invited to remind that next time it will happen ;)

Martin_metal_88

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old April 13, 2011, 06:52 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
It's like talking to a wall because every time a mod enter in a thread and DO NOT agree with someone it seems impossible for those mod to understand that opinion can be different. Usually it just get into a battle of wall of text where each one try to prove his point but I'm pissed of that so I just wont get into. Disagree with me if you want ( since we CAN have different opinion ) but those who are concern are gently invited to remind that next time it will happen ;)
Fair enough.
I won't detract from the thread anymore.

I am sorry you feel that way.

ST

Old April 13, 2011, 07:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

God dammit martin, now you went and hurt his feelings.
Don't cry ST, we still <3 you.
Old April 13, 2011, 07:34 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJunky View Post
Heh,
We're mods Macjunky. We are not allowed feelings.

ST

Old April 13, 2011, 08:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJunky View Post
Ban would mean I'm right:P they wont do it

Anyway, mod know I still love them

Martin_metal_88

Old April 14, 2011, 12:21 PM
Rookie

With the hockey playoffs started, I'm shocked you guys are taking the time to discuss hardware.

There are some pretty real differences between this and the offerings from our competition. We didn't want to have a "me too" product.

This is the third generation of the Asetek coolers. As such, the cooling plate is improved, the fans are different and the pump is able to monitor the liquid temperature. With that, we're able to offer software that gives the user control over how they use the cooler. You can change the fan speed from within your Windows environment and also customize at what temperature the fans speed ramp up and hit max speed.

I'll be hanging around so if you guys have any questions, I'm more than happy to answer them for you.

Jessie
Old April 14, 2011, 12:31 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec_Jessie View Post
With the hockey playoffs started, I'm shocked you guys are taking the time to discuss hardware.

There are some pretty real differences between this and the offerings from our competition. We didn't want to have a "me too" product.

This is the third generation of the Asetek coolers. As such, the cooling plate is improved, the fans are different and the pump is able to monitor the liquid temperature. With that, we're able to offer software that gives the user control over how they use the cooler. You can change the fan speed from within your Windows environment and also customize at what temperature the fans speed ramp up and hit max speed.

I'll be hanging around so if you guys have any questions, I'm more than happy to answer them for you.

Jessie
Do you have any examples of what you mean by the software control?

Thanks for stopping by. Unfortunately some of us don't have our teams in this years playoffs lol.

Welcome to the forum,

ST